• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrSoft

MrSoft

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:34 AM

I bought a premodded Xbox with an Xecuter Lite in. I'm pretty much a newbie to Xbox modding, although I have read around and I understand the basics of flashing the BIOS and installing alternate Dashboards etc.

However my main problem is this Xbox seems to behave exactly as a retail unmodded xbox. It can't read any burnt DVDs or CDRs (burnt in Xbox iso format, using tutorials from xbox-scene) It couldn't even read the Slayers Auto Install 2.6 ISO I burnt - just comes up with unrecognized disc error.

The xbox has no switch to turn the modchip on or off, I was just wondering if I am being retarded before I go back to the shop.

Thanks a lot in advance.

#2 mplsdeadhead92

mplsdeadhead92

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

Dude, there has to be a switch somewhere on it. Maybe just a phone call to the store would clear things up. There is a slight possibility that it is set up to boot up with the chip disabled unless you are holding down some sort of joypad combination.

If the chip was installed according to most of the many guides out there, there should be a little pcb board attached with double-sticky tape on the left hand front side of the xbox. There should be 3 switches, enable / disable , bank 1 / bank 2 and protect/unprotect. When the enable / disable switch is set to enable, a god-awfully bright blue LED should light up.

#3 Modiller

Modiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

yeah you have to have a switch on the front and when peaking on the left side do you see any led's light up in there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users