#1 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:31 AM

Warning: This tutorial can destroy all the data on your hdd if you are not careful. Neither I nor Xbox-Scene take any responsibility for what you do with this information. By reading this guide you take full responsibility for your actions.

Okay. Here I go. This tutorial will help you format your hdd. Please read this guide in its intirety before attempting to follow it. This guide assumes that you have internet access (for the usual places) and you have FTP access to your Xbox. It also assumes that the hdd you want to format at least has the Xbox format (so it has C, E, X, Y, Z drives). So in other words you can boot your Xbox into your "mod" by using this hdd. This tutorial will be helpful for people that used XboxHDM but screwed something up and just want to reformat their F or G drive or some other drive. This guide is in place of other tutorials such as formatting your hdd throught FTP (which I could never get to work)

Here are the steps to be able to format your hdd. If you already have the Dashboard UnleashX on your Xbox you can skip to step 7.

1. Obtain access to the usual places. From there download the latest version of UnleashX. (Hint: Look under /XBOX/apps/dashboards/UnleashX/)

2. Extract the files from the zip folder.

3. Connect to your Xbox using your choice of an FTP program (I recommend FlashFXP).

4. The Dashboard you currently should have a folder from which it auto picks up application default.xbe files from. It is most likely E/Apps but it could be F/Apps. You will need to make a folder under that folder (E/Apps or F/Apps) that is called UnleashX. So now you have either E/Apps/UnleashX or F/Apps/UnleashX.

5. Now copy the files that you extracted from the zip file over to either E/Apps/UnleashX or F/Apps/UnleashX.

6. Now you may need to reboot your Xbox to get it to recognize UnleashX. Now you should be able to launch UnleashX from your Dashboard's Application Launch Menu. Go ahead and launch UnleashX.

7. You should now be in UnleashX. It should look like this.
user posted image
Now you will need to navigate down to the settings option in the UnleashX Menu using your D-Pad down directional arrow. Hit A to enter that setting.
user posted image
Now scroll down to the Format Menu. And hit A.

8. It will ask you for a password. The passoword is "Xbox" without the quotes. It is a capital X on Xbox.
user posted image

9. You should now be in the Format Menu.
user posted image
You should see options to format different drives. Choose the drive you would like to format. It will ask you to confirm. Selecting yes will erase all information on this particular drive letter.
user posted image

10. The drive letter you selected should now be formatted. You will here a beep when it is done formatting it. You can check if it got formatted correctly by hitting B twice to get back to the main menu. Then navigate to the File Manager option.
user posted image
It should show the size of your newly formatted drive.
user posted image
You can scroll down to the drive letter and hit A to view its contents. It should be blank. If it is and the drive is the correct size you did everything correctly. If not start back at Step 7 and try again. You may need to reboot your Xbox in order for it to recognize the newly formatted drive. (My last picture does not show my F drive blank because I did not actually format it.)
Congratulations your drive should now be formatted. I hope this tutorial has helped you. beerchug.gif

Edited by jonathan2007, 10 October 2004 - 03:42 AM.

#2 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:05 PM

So what do you guys think?? Is it any good? unsure.gif

#3 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:41 AM

Bump. cool.gif

#4 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:23 PM

Bump

#5 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:16 PM

Bump.

#6 Tsjibbe

Tsjibbe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:35 PM

You like to bump, don't you? dry.gif

Good thing to put some effort in writing a tutorial, but don't beg for attention...

#7 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Tsjibbe @ Oct 15 2004, 02:38 PM)
You like to bump, don't you? dry.gif

Good thing to put some effort in writing a tutorial, but don't beg for attention...

Yes, I do like to bump something which I think will help newbs that may be having a hard time using the FTP format command or the EvoX format process. And I am only bumping once a day. What is wrong with that. And maybe I should thank you for bumping my thread. But I know your motives were just to flame me. dry.gif

#8 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 October 2004 - 12:02 AM

I agree, and you did a great tut. but there are so much easier ways.

Edited by DaddyJ, 16 October 2004 - 12:02 AM.

#9 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:02 AM

Easier ways?? unsure.gif I think this is the easiest way besides perhaps Slayer's or some autoinstaller. wink.gif

#10 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:17 AM

Ahhh. you still have much to learn young one.

smile.gif

#11 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:46 AM

It is a good tutorial no doubt.. Gotta like screen shots.. There are easier ways I agree if Unleashx isn't already installed, but Unleashx comes in handy with its file explorer and text editor anyways so its nice to have.. Ppl are writing tutorials for everything these days I've noticed.. I'm surprised I haven't seen a How to insert a dvd into your xbox tutorial yet..smile.gif

#12 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:16 AM

I could write one, but I'm sure someone will take care of that for me. smile.gif

#13 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:49 AM

Bump. wink.gif

#14 HamSandwhich

HamSandwhich

X-S Expert