Okay. Here I go. This tutorial will help you format your hdd. Please read this guide in its intirety before attempting to follow it. This guide assumes that you have internet access (for the usual places) and you have FTP access to your Xbox. It also assumes that the hdd you want to format at least has the Xbox format (so it has C, E, X, Y, Z drives). So in other words you can boot your Xbox into your "mod" by using this hdd. This tutorial will be helpful for people that used XboxHDM but screwed something up and just want to reformat their F or G drive or some other drive. This guide is in place of other tutorials such as formatting your hdd throught FTP (which I could never get to work)
Here are the steps to be able to format your hdd. If you already have the Dashboard UnleashX on your Xbox you can skip to step 7.
1. Obtain access to the usual places. From there download the latest version of UnleashX. (Hint: Look under /XBOX/apps/dashboards/UnleashX/)
2. Extract the files from the zip folder.
3. Connect to your Xbox using your choice of an FTP program (I recommend FlashFXP).
4. The Dashboard you currently should have a folder from which it auto picks up application default.xbe files from. It is most likely E/Apps but it could be F/Apps. You will need to make a folder under that folder (E/Apps or F/Apps) that is called UnleashX. So now you have either E/Apps/UnleashX or F/Apps/UnleashX.
5. Now copy the files that you extracted from the zip file over to either E/Apps/UnleashX or F/Apps/UnleashX.
6. Now you may need to reboot your Xbox to get it to recognize UnleashX. Now you should be able to launch UnleashX from your Dashboard's Application Launch Menu. Go ahead and launch UnleashX.
7. You should now be in UnleashX. It should look like this.
Now you will need to navigate down to the settings option in the UnleashX Menu using your D-Pad down directional arrow. Hit A to enter that setting.
Now scroll down to the Format Menu. And hit A.
8. It will ask you for a password. The passoword is "Xbox" without the quotes. It is a capital X on Xbox.
9. You should now be in the Format Menu.
You should see options to format different drives. Choose the drive you would like to format. It will ask you to confirm. Selecting yes will erase all information on this particular drive letter.
10. The drive letter you selected should now be formatted. You will here a beep when it is done formatting it. You can check if it got formatted correctly by hitting B twice to get back to the main menu. Then navigate to the File Manager option.
It should show the size of your newly formatted drive.
You can scroll down to the drive letter and hit A to view its contents. It should be blank. If it is and the drive is the correct size you did everything correctly. If not start back at Step 7 and try again. You may need to reboot your Xbox in order for it to recognize the newly formatted drive. (My last picture does not show my F drive blank because I did not actually format it.)
Congratulations your drive should now be formatted. I hope this tutorial has helped you.
Edited by jonathan2007, 10 October 2004 - 03:42 AM.