• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wickedawsome

wickedawsome

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:44 AM

ok, so heres the deal, my box has a busted hard drive in it, so what are my options? i can go get a big hard drive or i know a guy who's sending me his old one since he's put a larger one in his... so i am just wanting to make sure this will work, because i know some parts are particular to each box and i dont know if the hard drive is interchangeable n stuff...

and other than getting a new xbox, what are my options?

#2 GreenSabbath

GreenSabbath

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

His hdd should work as long as your xbox is modded and his hdd is unlocked.
You could also put in a new hdd (with Modded Box) and use layers to format it.

#3 wickedawsome

wickedawsome

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:05 PM

well my exbox is bone stock, and the one im getting came outta his before he modded it...and i would get a bigger HD but i need to get all the files on it some how, ive looked for a how-to on doing FTP to it, ive done a ton of FTP to the web, is it like that or is there more to it

#4 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:49 PM

If your Xbox is stock, then you can't use his HDD. Unless you get a modchip, then there's really no way to replace the HDD, apart from letting MS screw you out of $100.

If you do decide to get a modchip to get a new HDD, be sure that the HDD from that guy is unlocked. If it's locked, it won't work in your Xbox, and you'll have to send it back to him so he can unlock it, then he'll have to send it back.

#5 wickedawsome

wickedawsome

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:01 AM

ok, so if i go out and buy a new hard drive and a mod-chip, how do i get the xbox files onto the hard drive since i dont have a hard drive to copy the files over, like in the tutorials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users