NeOnRaBbIt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:28 PM

ok so i've always had my own menu.xml and mxm.xml but i got the new x3 and when i boot to mxm my menus are redone like it would for the cache_menu.xml except the file i have(menu.xml) is unchanged and is stil there but non functioning...I reflashed bank 5 (1234 was my 1mb x3 bios) with x2 4981.67 and mxm worked fine with my custom menu.xml/mxm.xml... I can't even select skins from my hdd when i boot with the x3 bios. Can anyone from the MXM team shed some light over here. Also when i go to System info it says right under my xbox name SAFEMODE - Apps Launcher. When i boot with the x2 bios it just says Dashboard....How do i make it say Dashboard when i boot with the x3 bios?? It's like no matter what i do it always says SAFEMODE - Apps Launcher when with the x3 bios.

Please tell me if this is something i should post in the xecuter forums becaus i'm not really sure if it's a dash problem or a bios problem..

#2 NeOnRaBbIt

NeOnRaBbIt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:54 AM

ok i spoke to some guys at xecuter and its just the fact that i have it booting to mxm and the bios can't boot to a path for some reason...i can always use evox to get to mxm however...

#3 inittab

inittab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:00 PM

Has anybody found a solution to this? I have the same problem, if i boot directly to mxm it doesnt read in mxm.xml but if i go into the dashboard and either launch it again or launch it from avalaunch it loads in mxm.xml perfectly fine. Is there a way C:\mxm.xml can be hardcoded or another workaround?.

#4 frostagt

frostagt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

looking for help with the same problem. Anybody have an answer yet?

#5 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:20 PM

it's not actually in safemode, it's just a bug that always tell mxm it's in safemode, even when it isn't!

#6 iNfErNaL666

iNfErNaL666

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Women, Skating, skating, skating xbox/games thats all i care about
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:06 PM

ya nice

#7 MGSnake19

MGSnake19

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

mad.gif I have the same problem now ,. damn we need a bios update from Xecuter team or a way to fix this which is really anoying.

Well as of today jan/9/05 5:52pm eastern time, team xecuter website is down for maintance and i cant search there for an answer i'll use another dashboard in the meantime.. /sigh......

Edited by MGSnake19, 09 January 2005 - 11:20 PM.

#8 Grimsmith

Grimsmith

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:46 PM

I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to get in the xecuter forum to research this further (it just sends me to a login page no matter what I try to do and I haven't registered yet). Has anyone figured out a work around to get the menu working properly without booting from another dash first? Or at least be able to boot with a different skin than default?

#9 regcolar

regcolar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:20 AM

Finally found a way to fix this.

You have to use a dashboard selector like XSelect to boot the MXM executable. Just set the MXM executable as the default dash and it will boot without problems. When the xbox boots, it will load XSelect which will in turn load MXM. This is almost the same as booting to another dash and loading MXM. This is the only dashboard selector I have used since the others take too long to load. Hope this helps. biggrin.gif

#10 loki

loki

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

is there a REAL fix to this? and why is it that mxm wont read the config file from the x3... that stumbles me... its kinda a bitch when i start up with mxm and it looks like ass... well i guess avalaunch it is until theres a fix tongue.gif

#11 krashstudios

krashstudios

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:52 PM

Set MultiLaunch1.0 as default dash on C and redirect it to mxm, it takes like a second to load and you see no front end!

Try it!

#12 SuperSayinYoshi

SuperSayinYoshi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:20 AM

I was pretty pissed when my MXM didnt work, but I did kindda found a way to make the son of a bitch to work!!! LOL
What I had to do was boot up that live config crap up, got a 4981 BIOS and xtooled it with the way I wanted it, changed the BIOS select switch, to a 256 setting, flashed the selecting bank, rebooted, then shut down, then did the orginal bios select switch (on-on-off-off) and BAM!!!! There you have it. Just like it was working allll along. Of course, you wont be able to use the config live thingy anymore, but who cares right? LMAO!!!! I am getting the x3 panale next week, so Ill get to play with it more and see if that affects it @ all! But whatever way you wanna do it.....all up to you!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users