6 replies to this topic

#1 cheesy99

cheesy99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:41 AM

I can't get XBMC to play a VCD...does it support them? Do I just select Play DVD, or should I select the data file on the CD? Neiither seemed to work.

Thanks.

#2 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:52 AM

xbmc supports vcd both ways- do u have a dvd rom drive that can actually read cd-r's though?

that is dependent in the dvd-rom drive and not xbmc

#3 cheesy99

cheesy99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (nimbles @ Oct 11 2004, 12:55 AM)
xbmc supports vcd both ways- do u have a dvd rom drive that can actually read cd-r's though?

that is dependent in the dvd-rom drive and not xbmc

I believe so, it lists all the files, it just won't play them.

#4 suwa

suwa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(cheesy99 @ Oct 11 2004, 09:52 AM)
I can't get XBMC to play a VCD...does it support them? Do I just select Play DVD, or should I select the data file on the CD? Neiither seemed to work.

Thanks.

View Post

I have been reading other threads, and this seems to be a problem for a lot of people including me. I have read somewhere, that a fresh install of XBMC has helped someone with a similar issue. Would this be the case for most people? Because I have downloaded the latest version, and use avalaunch as my dashboard on start up. I have also noticed the latest version seems to hang a bit more, and has also frozen on collecting information of MP3s on my HDD. Should I just delete the whole XBMC folder and start again?

#5 beast96

beast96

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding video games computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE(suwa @ Jul 22 2005, 02:43 AM)
I have been reading other threads, and this seems to be a problem for a lot of people including me. I have read somewhere, that a fresh install of XBMC has helped someone with a similar issue. Would this be the case for most people? Because I have downloaded the latest version, and use avalaunch as my dashboard on start up. I have also noticed the latest version seems to hang a bit more, and has also frozen on collecting information of MP3s on my HDD. Should I just delete the whole XBMC folder and start again?

View Post

how long did it freeze for because it might just not have finished scanning or watever it was doing

#6 suwa

suwa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:31 AM

i let it run for about 20 - 30 mins, and it was still frozen.

#7 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:20 AM

bad vcd? try another

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users