X3 - Questions?
Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:40 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one to take this advice, but after hours or searching through hundreds of threads still do not find answers or information I'm looking for...
If it wasn't for the newcomers to the XBox scene then it would surely die as a console, so a little slack would be appreciated.
Anyway, down to the questions I have:
1. I've had my XBox for 1 week and came with the X3 mod. fitted. The BIOS was flashed by the company I purchased the console from, but how do I know which version of BIOS it has been flashed with?
2. When I turn on the console I get the flubber animation, then a screen with an XBox logo with XECUTER2 beneath it. Should this not say EXECUTER3?
3. The next screen displayed is (I presume) the original MS XBox dashboard with no options to select any of the features which the X3 apparently has?
4. My bank setting on the front of the console are on/on/off/on/off. Where can I find details of what all the settings of the switches are and what these should be set to when flashing etc...?
5. I've seen something call X3 OS, is this a BIOS which must be flashed and where can I find this to download?
6. How do I connect my PC to my XBox and where can I download the software?
7. Is there a difference between FlashBIOS and a BIOS to flash onto the chip...?
I think that's it for now, but hopefully someone can shed some light on most of the above.
Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:56 AM
As for the bios version.
Where it comes up with "Xecuter 2" at the bottom of the screen that is what bios you have it will either be (correct me if im wrong peeps) version 4981 or 4983 these are both very popular bioses so dont worry about flashing it at the mo.
You will need to put a dashboard onto your box if you dont already have one on there other than the original m$ dash) i would go for either Evox or Avalaunch both are good dashboards.
To be able to gain access to your xbox from your pc you will need to get a program called "flashfxp" this will allow you to see your xbox harddrive and makes life a lot easier when transferring files etc to your box.
I dont normally word myself very well so i wont sit here and tell you step by step how to link your box with your pc so i have given you the link to the tutorial for it
Xbox Networking Tutorial
I hope this is of some help for you.
Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:46 PM
|QUOTE (FerdyFluke @ Oct 12 2004, 07:43 AM)|
|First of all, I'm disappointed to read in other forums on this site how newbies or n00bs as were come to be called are treated, with the advice given always seems to be to read the forums and do searches.|
That is because most questions have already been asked, so when someone asks "Where do I get files?" or "How do I ftp to my xbox", what would our response be? There are numerous tutorials, countless posts and threads on those very subjects, it is a waste of time on our part to sit down and explain to them how it works, cause someone already did that for them.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users