#1 S1ack

S1ack

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:09 PM

Thats a good thing BTW.

Just wanna tell the world (no-one I work or live with really gives a shit [excepting my kids]).

Night before last: I installed a Xenium ICE, Solderless, on a 1.4 refurbed xbox. Zero problems. Backed up Retail Kernel, Backed up EEPROM, Flashed EvoxM8 from USB Flash drive (no more effing with bootable media for me! Thank you Xodus). Installed XBMC as dash & tested (surprised to see they changed the xml a bit in latest release (that was my only real trouble).

Last night: Hard drive upgrade wizard (120gigs).... Holy$sh1t Batman that was a cake walk! Even did it with my 3yr old twins running around underfoot. I never wanted to attemp a harddrive upgrade on my 1.1 box (w.matrix chip) cuz frankly, it sounded like a colossal pain in the ass. At least every tut I could find, made it sound like more hassle than it was worth. (I [wasn't] big on games, but do a LOT of media streaming).

Up Next, I'm lamenting my choice to wuss-out and stay under the lba48 barrier. So The 1.4 will temporarily replace the 1.1 in the home theater (PIMPING ALERT: XMBC looks great on the 42" Plasma), and I'll get another Xenium ICE & redo the 1.1 with it & a 250giger this time around. Behaps a clear case too. Oh, I've been bitten by the bug.

Many thanks TeamXodus. Top Notch product.

And thanks to MS for subsidizing my most beloved piece of consumer electronics (excepting my ReplayTVs).

#2 gamefreakgcb

gamefreakgcb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:55 PM

I like the ICE with the Xorease. Their 2.0 is a little bit buggy but hell its good. Now if they can implement a feature to upgrade the OS via HTTP.

#3 GhentSlicer

GhentSlicer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:06 AM

I have to admit, I sure was glad when i found out how easy it is to install and manage these xeniums. It sure was the long month and a half of waiting back in february/march 2004 when they first came out and was backlogged. Mad props to team xodus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users