• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AutoCrossFreak

AutoCrossFreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

I can get the folders to show up, but the files will not show up!!Please help. I am trying to upgrade my os to version 2.0.1 via ftp. If their is a good tutorial how to upgrade via ftp pls post. I am pretty new at this. Also if their is a tutorial on what the folders means etc. pls post. Thanks.

Also, i can only see folders C, E, X, Y, Z. I SHouldnt i see more than that?

Edited by AutoCrossFreak, 12 October 2004 - 04:47 PM.

#2 flbeserk

flbeserk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:01 PM

yea you should also be seeing f and maybe g. Are you trying to ftp through your Xenium OS or are you on your dashboard or like on avalaunch? cuz if you're on XOS you probably won't see anything in your folders when you try to ftp, and if thats not the case, try another program like smartftp. I had some issues where some of my ftp programs wouldn't show any files, but on another program you'd see it. Best of luck!!!

#3 hickster

hickster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:26 PM

As for the missing folder issue....I used to have the same problem. Sometimes I saw folders, other times I didn't.
I tried the tip regarding disabling "PASV" but that didn't improve things.

Finally, I installed SmartFTP and have had ZERO problems since.

Hope this helps!

#4 Dozer

Dozer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Xbox...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

I'm ftping stuff using the xenium OS FTP client and that's all going fine, I can see everything etc so it can't be that. huh.gif

#5 flbeserk

flbeserk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

it can, cuz i've ftp'd through the xos before, not all the time it works, and you're on xos 1.1, i've used 2.0 beta i don't know about 2.0 official release. I have 1.1 on my xbox never tried ftping through it's os though. Depends on your ftp program.

#6 bnicks45

bnicks45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:05 PM

I was having the same problem. I switched to coreftp and have not had that problem since.

#7 AutoCrossFreak

AutoCrossFreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:58 PM

I am trying to access the folder when i am on the OS screen. I will try another ftp program.
P.S. Does anyone have nay good tutorials how to actually transfer the information to the hardriver, i.e. games, dashboards.

Edited by AutoCrossFreak, 12 October 2004 - 10:01 PM.

#8 AutoCrossFreak

AutoCrossFreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:53 AM

Well, i tried the program coreftp. It seemed to work, and i can see my files. But i can still only see folders C, E, X, Y, Z. SHouldnt i be able to see F also??Or do i have to create it??

#9 raincouver

raincouver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:52 AM

My folders were showing up in Flashfxp but no files were showing up.

i was still able to transfer files to my xenium modded xbox using it tho. was able to transfer EVOX 3935 n' flash my bios. transferred n' loaded up EVOX dash too. even after all that the files still didn't show up ....weird. The only way that i can check to see if the files get ther is by using IE.

i also used cuteftp and the files did show up but i couldnt access or transfer certain files or folder. wtf?

anyway i wish i had discovered Smartftp much sooner cuz it works like a dream. I like the drag n drop windows explorer interface too.

#10 fujitech

fujitech

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:06 PM

disable show hidden files in flashfxp options

#11 jeff23

jeff23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:03 AM

I could see my folders and files using Cuteftp, but couldn't access them. Could see my drives with Smartftp and Flashfxp, but couldn't see any folders. Downloaded Coreftp lite and it seems to be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users