• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mm7627

mm7627

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:45 PM

Alright, this might be newbiesh I dunno. But please, just hear me out. Cause I know enough, I just can't figure out what the fuck I did.

Alright, so I had tHc original installed on my box. It was originally named to xboxdash.xbe. But I decided that I would like to start playing XBOX live again. So I changed tHc to evoxdash.xbe and the reg M$ dash back to xboxdash.xbe. So therefore, I got that to work, but when I turned my modchip off, I couldn't get into M$ DASH. Mainly an error 21. So I read that you could fix that dash by running updatedash.xbe or somehting on a live enabled game. So I did that, but that fucked everything up. My tHc and my Xbox. The only way to get on my box now is through an eVox bootup disc. So that probably seems all newbiesh there and blah. But I searched for the better part of two hours with no answer.

So I figure, that when I hit the updatedash.xbe, it overwrote my tHc files, because I think they are in the same folder as the xbox files? But I am not 100% sure. So I need one, a fix, and two, a way to get to xbox live. I was reading, maybe putting tHc on a different partition? I dunno.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Thanks
Rob

#2 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:35 AM

you will probably have to send over a backup copy of the dash. If it didn't work, i don't think it was wise to go to dashupdate. It updated files that were already messed up or missing.

Send the evoxdash.xbe over so you don't need to boot from a disk, but you will probably have to replace C with a backup.

#3 mm7627

mm7627

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:48 PM

Alright, well I fixed it so I can bootup my tHC and all that good stuff. But I still can't get the MSDASH to work. I downloaded MS 4290 Dash somewhere, and I was thinking, if I just threw that on my box.. Would that work? Make the error 21 go away?

#4 mm7627

mm7627

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:13 PM

I was thinking, if I put tHc on another partition, would that maybe help it work out?

I would really like to still be able to use xbox live.

Edited by mm7627, 13 October 2004 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users