• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XplicitContent

XplicitContent

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Gurls, video games, computer modding, electronic modding, system modding, trampolines, & more gurls!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:02 PM

When I get a camera, I will make a log of my custom Xbox case I just thought of now. It will be smaller, like the Low Profile Xbox Jeeproject did, but I can't decide whether to keep the dvd drive or not. Now the whole case, won't be stock, so that brings me to my question. What would you do, if the motherboard or psu, doesnt have the ground shielding touching it anywhere? Should I somehow add the ground shielding into it somewhere? And last, what would happen exactly if I didnt have any ground shielding for my mobo or psu? Thank you.

#2 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:08 PM

I'd say as long as your xbox isn't sitting on an old tv, it should be fine. If you want to be safe though, just cut the original shielding to fit in your new case.

#3 Garrett19

Garrett19

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:10 PM

Well if this helps you any when i made my wooden xbox case i didn't have the metal sheilding in it and the mobo and psu worked fine. I just screwed it right into the wood. So idk if that grounded it or what. But i think there was a post about this when like making custom cases do you have to ground it somehow. But that was awhile ago so i can't find the post. Hopefully this helps you alittle. Good Luck.

#4 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (SICKdimension @ Oct 14 2004, 12:11 AM)
I'd say as long as your xbox isn't sitting on an old tv, it should be fine. If you want to be safe though, just cut the original shielding to fit in your new case.

i agree. just to be safe, but ppl have asked this before and people have said they have had no problems. but better not take any chances, just cut it - cant wait to see it, i love low profile cases!!! wish i could do one meself, but im not that good.

#5 XplicitContent

XplicitContent

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Gurls, video games, computer modding, electronic modding, system modding, trampolines, & more gurls!

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:51 AM

Since my case would be out of wood instead of plexiglass like everybody else, I dont think I will use the ground shielding, unless someone tells me what could happen if I didnt (like what touched what). My Xbox case will be less wide as the stock, but as tall as a gamecube. That is all the hints I am giving till I post pics, and get my friend to make the case. See you later!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users