14 replies to this topic

#1 Zulu656

Zulu656

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 02:23 AM

IN THE XBOX CONTROLLER S
I installed a Subminiature Pushbutton SPST switch on my Controller S. One of the legs of the switch is soldered to a white wire, which is soldered to the contact point of the controller's yellow wire. The other leg of the switch is soldered to a black wire that is soldered onto the contact point of the controller's thicker black wire ( labeled as black wire contact on 2nd pic) for a ground.

Is this correct so far?

user posted image

user posted image

IN THE XBOX ITSELF
I cut the yellow wire coming from controller port 2 and soldered a Y wire (labeled as "3 way solder" <--in yellow). Two of the legs of the Y were the severed pieces of the yellow wire. Though they all look black, 2 of the black wires are soldered directly to the severed yellow controller port ends and thus essentially act as the yellow wire). The third black wire in this 3 way solder is soldered to what i thought was the wire that needed to be grounded from the front power switchboard. This wire is by A4 and is noted by two red arrows. It is also the very bottom yellow wire connecting to the front switch board or far right wire if you are orienting the front power switch board as depicted in the picture above (sorry some of the pic is cut off). All of this of course did not work and is most likely due to miscommunication. So here are the pics so we can all be on the same page.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me or at least tell me what i've done so far that is correct. Thanks.

user posted image

#2 Zulu656

Zulu656

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 02:44 AM

bye the way the pictures aren't on a down link they are just on a geocities webpage so they tend to be unavailable periodically. Check back in an hour if you can't see the pics now.

#3 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:48 AM

When I did my reset switch in a memory card, i did it a completly different way! not to say your's is wrong, but here is the website where the tutorial I used is.

http://users.skynet....ials/pdf/01.pdf

Now, observe yours, and it's all different! (there are no 3-way wires in this tutorial)

I know I did mine for the memory card, but the part that involved modding the inside of the Xbox is exactly the same as modding the controller for the reset switch.

hope this helped and/or made some sense

good luck!

#4 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:53 AM

OOPS! Just read your previous post, i thought it was a reset switch but its an on/off switch!

Please disregard above comments, good luck anyways!

#5 nadnerb

nadnerb

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 February 2003 - 06:26 AM

by looking at your xbox pic i think u have wired it up wrong.
i cant see very well from the pic but it looks like u soldered to the end yellow wire (on the led front panel) i think it should be soldered to the 2nd from end wire.

#6 ace-of_spades

ace-of_spades

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 07:44 AM

Can anyone posy exact instructions on how to do this? They would be greatly appreciated! biggrin.gif

Edited by ace-of_spades, 15 February 2003 - 08:33 AM.

#7 ace-of_spades

ace-of_spades

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 08:58 AM

What is connection A2? cant quite see in that pic.

#8 ace-of_spades

ace-of_spades

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 08:52 PM

Bump

#9 ace-of_spades

ace-of_spades

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 06:43 AM

Bah, does anyone know this??? I really need help, I wanna finish this of asap. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#10 dirtbikeskater

dirtbikeskater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 06:58 AM

ha! you think after 4 posts would get someone to pay attention

#11 Edmeister

Edmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 09:28 AM

I don't understand why all these reset switches are on the back of the controller. If I had a reset switch in that position I would be resetting my xbox every 30 seconds and never get to play.

#12 bullshit

bullshit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (dirtbikeskater @ Feb 16 2003, 06:58 AM)
ha! you think after 4 posts would get someone to pay attention

U did, no? rotfl.gif

#13 ace-of_spades

ace-of_spades

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 12:14 AM

yes, I did get a reply, a PM reply. If anyone wants to know how to do this just PM me. jester.gif

#14 ace-of_spades

ace-of_spades

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 04:47 AM

Hi all, im thinking of doing a tutorial for this since it is such a sweet mod! But I dont want to do it if its not in demand, so post sumthin here if your interested. If people show an intrest then I will write one. biggrin.gif

Oh yea, Remember this is an ON/OFF switch not a reset switch like the title of this topic says.

Edited by ace-of_spades, 19 February 2003 - 04:49 AM.

#15 dirtbikeskater

dirtbikeskater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:32 AM

damn... im in double post hell dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users