5 replies to this topic

#1 ldotbiz

ldotbiz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 03:47 AM

I want to get my XBox modded and right now I have a 1.3 XBox but I was told to get a 1.6. Now as far as Mod Chips what should I get. Xenium Ice, Xecuter 2.6 or 3? I don't know anything about them. What are the pro's of eeach and what are the cons of each. I don't know squat so these decisions could make or break the rest of my life lol.

#2 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:17 AM

If you don't plan on ever using live, go with a tsop flash, its free. If you want live but don't need a lot of bells and whistles and just want something that works, go with x2.6 lite. If you want bleeding edge and every possible option, go with x3. If you want something with bells and whistles but cheaper, go with xenium. Of course, solder is the best way to go with all of these.

#3 ldotbiz

ldotbiz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:20 AM

Yeah Im going to play on Live with the games I purchased. I also wanna stores games on the HDD. I am computer literate so I wanna be able to customize the dashboard and all of that good stuff.

#4 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:02 AM

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to play your Live games from HardDrive, no matter which chip you use. The mod must be disabled prior to booting your XBox to avoid Live banning.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33, 14 October 2004 - 05:03 AM.

#5 ldotbiz

ldotbiz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Shakey_Jake33 @ Oct 14 2004, 06:05 AM)
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to play your Live games from HardDrive, no matter which chip you use. The mod must be disabled prior to booting your XBox to avoid Live banning.

I am talking about the games I already own. I know I won't be able to play the ones that are on the HDD.

#6 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:24 AM

Ah sorry, misunderstood that bit.

Well Xecuter 3 is the new latest chip everybody and their mother wants, and it's got so many new featues... and really is a stunning chip.

However, it's worth bearing in mind that the 2.6 will run all the software, games, apps etc that the 3.0 can. The 3.0 isn't 'more compatible' or anything, it's just got a whole host of new features and customisables.
Even pre-2.3 chips will run any piece of software you throw at it.

So that leaves the decision down to you. With the recent release of the Xecuter 3.0, the Xecuter 2.6's have dropped in price quite rapidly, and you can get some real bargins on the things now. I bought one the other week for a mere 20 GBP, with an extra 10 GBP for the Xaptor.

If you think you'll use the extra featues offered in the 3.0's such as the Live Config setup or LCD screen support, go for that. But if you just wanna run your games, and apps and dashboard and the works like that, save yourself a bit of cash and go for the 2.6. You canm still disable the chip for Live. If you've never soldered before, get one packaged with a Xaptor.

Least that's my view on the situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users