3 replies to this topic

#1 galladel

galladel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:06 AM

I was doing a softmod, and i made a mistake deleting files i was not supposed to while connected via ftp. Suffice it to say that the dashboard bacame unbootable. The problem is for some reason now i can't seem to boot "Game Disks". I was using 007 to boot the game but now i can't seem to do that. Im not sure what i did wrong but is this even a software related problem? From my past experience softmodding even if you delete all files in the c: drive you can still boot game disks. Are there any versions of xboxes that this happens to, or did i just coincidentally suffer some sort of dvd problem while doing my softmod? The xbox has never been opened.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:20 AM

maybe your clock died. if you can't load games anymore you gonna have to hotswap or install a chip

#3 OliG

OliG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:40 AM

Yep!!! Hotswap is possibly your best option.

It can be pretty easy once you've got the hang of it. I've had this problem with one of my machines when I deleted the default.xip from the root of C. Nightmare at first cos I couldn't understand why the games wouldn't boot. Like you said I had also deleted the contents of C and still booted games. I found something on a tech site which pointed to a flag being set which causes error21 and will not boot anything until serviced. Basicaly just get ldots XBOXHDM copy you BACKUP of C to the linux\C folder and create the iso, then once in to xboxhdm select the option to rebuild the C drive. : )

Oh yeah and the best way to get your drive unlocked is to remove the IDE cable from the DVD drive and boot. You will get an error screen but the hdd should be unlock. There should be loads of stuff about this nowadays but when I did it I only had HDD_Driver which sux but did the job.

OliG

sorry for rambling, can't help it.

#4 galladel

galladel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:52 PM

Wow i feel so newb! I should have rememebered the clock issue. heheh im so dumb. I was about ready to order myself a modchip Thanks for the help guys you saved me 40 bucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users