• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 torgo

torgo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:48 PM

Right in the middle of a game, my XBOX just blacked out. If I try to boot, it tries 3 times, then the light just flashes red and green.

I don't remember my XBOX version, but it's got an Executor 2 Pro etc. No changes had been made to the XBOX prior to the problem. Nothing come's up on the screen during this process, and I can hear the fan running the entire time.

I'm hoping that the chip went bad, since I'm not much of a soldering pro (someone else did the soldering for me.) I'm going to unhook the chip tonight to see if the system runs without it. Any other thoughts?

Oh, and yes, I tried some of the dip-switches. Turning the chip "off" didn't help.

Thanks in advance

#2 Vandiemen911

Vandiemen911

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:23 PM

Unfortunatley you probably have a more serious problem than just the chip going out. I can't think off the top of my head all the things that could be wrong, but you will probably have to open up the xbox and check inside. The fact that it did it in the middle of a game makes me think that something on your mobo went out.

EDIT - also, since disabling the chip essentially removes it from the equation also leads me to believe it's not the chip. To verify, you can always unplug the wires from the chip and check again.

Edited by Vandiemen911, 14 October 2004 - 08:25 PM.

#3 dangerwit

dangerwit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:10 AM

If it helps, my X3-modded xbox did the exact same thing at first. Turned out that some of the solder points on the pin header were bad. Maybe something jostled free (or yer using a solderless)?

Edited by dangerwit, 16 October 2004 - 07:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users