• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:55 PM

i fitted a 2.6 chip for a friend 4 weeks ago all was well everything was working ok untill he let his nephew have the xbox for a night when he got it back the following day there was somthing wrong
all he gets now is a blue screen and the xbox seems to be rebooting over and over again this the same when the chip is turned off iv tried many things like ftp to the xbox putting the bios disc back in tried the switches in every position checked all connections any ideas
i flashed the chip with m7ej and installed evox dash
please ask if more info is needed

#2 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

i forgot a few things the chip was pin header installed xbox is v1.1
when the chip is off position i can hear the xbox tune when i bootup and iv just noticed the eject light is flashing red and green
any pointers welcome thanx

Edited by madascanbe, 14 October 2004 - 08:36 PM.

#3 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:11 PM

Theres a million different things he could have done to it. Try lifting the chip off the pins and see if it boots up. It could be an eeprom problem or a bios problem.

#4 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:58 PM

acemilo thanx for your reply
iv just tried what you said and there is no change so that is the chip out of the picture so i guess there isnt 1 million things to check now
is there a way of connecting to the hdd that hasnt been set up for ftp (no fixed ip) or wrighting to the epprom because i think he has removed somthing of the hdd

#5 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:07 AM

Take the chip off the pins and leave the dvdrom and hdd connected and see if it boots as normal. Tell us what it does, ie does it frag, does it boot with an error code, or does it light solid red.

#6 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:31 AM

i have removed the chip and all is the same i get audio but no video just a blue screen

iv just done a test on the pin header and the LClk is a bit high at +1.33v every thing else ok
conectivity ok on all pins
one other thing i checked the 3 wires that solder onto the back of the motherboard and the red one reads as not conected 1 on the multimetre

#7 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:40 AM

just got some info of the owner
he said his nephew changed the settings in the media player to ntsc(jap) and altered the screen resolution?
then the light started to flash orange he switched the xbox off at that point or so he says he switched it off (most prob not)

#8 raist0069

raist0069

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 03:06 AM

Think I remember reading about people's EEPROM screwing up after changing some video settings, I think in avalaunch. So check into fixing your EEPROM......

#9 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:15 AM

i thought so the only prob is how to get my xbox to talk to my pc with ftp
or am i on the wrong track iv looked all over for a way to do this but iv had no luck in finding a tut or post
i will have to continue this latter as i have to go to work now on (1.45 hours sleep)
its all fun ah
sleep.gif

#10 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:26 PM

is there any way to flash the eeprom with the xbox in this codition

#11 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:51 AM

I have a customer who did the same thing on a 1.6. His xbox is still sitting in my house because I can't fix it. Most likely your xbox is dead. There is an issue with the ntsc-j mode thru xbmp, its not something to mess with. As of now your eeprom is corrupted, and there is little you can do to fix it. If you can ftp you still have a chance.

#12 Masterfix

Masterfix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:45 AM

High Def settings

#13 madascanbe

madascanbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 12:55 PM

no i cant ftp to the xbox
what about putting a new eeprom chip on the mobo.. or would i still have the same prob

masretfix could you expand on high def settings as i cant access the xbox in any way at the mo thanx!

Edited by madascanbe, 16 October 2004 - 12:58 PM.

#14 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:39 PM

The newest version of the xenium os for the xenium chip can repair an eeprom like this. You may want to consider it since it would be easier than finding a new eeprom chip. If you put in a new eeprom chip tho it SHOULD work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users