Photo

Re: Which Format Dvd Drive Do You Use

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Re: Which Format Dvd Drive Do You Use

Re: Which Format Dvd Drive Do You Use

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 February 2003 - 07:26 AM

I did a search on this and I couldn't find one so I figured that it was time for us to figure out how many people are using what format and for those with dual format which format they use the most. This might help those who don't yet own dvd drives to make an unbiased judgement of thier own.

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:19 PM

only three people total including myself have voted? Come On guys don't be shy simply click a button or two so that we can paint a picture of how many people are using which format.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 08:29 PM

For you fellas with dual format drives (i.e. sony dru500a) I made a bit of a mistake. If you have a dual format drive simply ignore the option specifically for the dual format drive and select one of the two options for which media you use the most as this will answer both questions with one response.

Thanks

#4 Schmo

Schmo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2003 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Feb 4 2003, 05:19 PM)
only three people total including myself have voted? Come On guys don't be shy simply click a button or two so that we can paint a picture of how many people are using which format.

Give it time, people will vote. I just think some people that have been around awhile are sick of the whole DVD-R vs. DVD+R thing. Does it really matter as long as it works? wink.gif

For the record, I voted DVD-R.

Edited by Schmo, 04 February 2003 - 09:10 PM.

#5 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 February 2003 - 05:31 AM

Woo hoo I'm winning....oh wait, that was juvenile. biggrin.gif Sorry. jester.gif muhaha.gif beerchug.gif rotfl.gif

#6 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 06:54 AM

I saw this done on another site and the responses came in much quicker so I guess I just expected it to be similar here. I am happy to see that the poll isn't just stagnating. I know people are getting sick of discussing the format wars between DVD-R and DVD+R but my hope is that we can use this poll as a referal to the newbies who keep asking the question about which format is better. I really need to get the post out there about how dual format users need to avoid option #3 and select either #4 or #5 so that we can get a clearer picture of which format dual format users use the most. Thanks for your comments and support like you and Mr.ED I voted DVD-R as well. So far the poll proves nothing because the sample size is too small but after a while I hope it will pain a clearer picture.

#7 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 05:08 PM

bump

#8 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 February 2003 - 10:38 PM

if you saw this on another site then why bring it here? you already got your answer in another site. keep that shit poll in the other site

#9 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 11:34 PM

I have the the Sony which is +-RW. I use -R for most of my burns, however, a few friends have DVD players that will only accept +R. When using RW disks I always use the +RW format as they burn signifcantly faster.

#10 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 11:37 PM

How many more times do we need to see a POLL here on DVD+R and DVD-R drives. Maybe POLL's need to be cleared by a MOD first in the future before being allowed to be viewed. That would cut down on the lameness of repeating old POLLS.

As for unbiased views.. anyone who would make a purchase decision based on this poll... would be basing their decision on the votes of what.. currently 30 people... hardly a consensus!

They'd be better served reading the DVD-R thread.. and using search... and for that matter... a good hour with the search button would hurt you either jesterrace777

#11 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 12:55 AM

For hsdemonz. I posted in my first response that I already did a search and no poll showed up for this topic. This isn't for me as much as the newbies who keep asking which format drive they should pick up. I realize that the current number of responses hardly make the poll accurate and that we should wait until we hit about 150-200 people before any kind of conclusion could be drawn. People on this forum sure are touchy.

#12 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 February 2003 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Feb 5 2003, 03:38 PM)
if you saw this on another site then why bring it here? you already got your answer in another site. keep that shit poll in the other site

Uh, I think he meant he has seen how quickly polls in other forums fill up with votes, not this particular subject tho'

Everyones a critic. jester.gif

#13 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 06:44 AM

From the horses mouth to Gods ears... smile.gif

#14 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 06:51 AM

For hsdemonz. I posted in my first response that I already did a search and no poll showed up

Either you DIDN'T search.. or you don't know how to search.

I typed in POLL... in the DVD Forum.. and I got 7 results! 3 Relevant!

http://forums.xbox-s...t=16146&hl=poll

http://forums.xbox-s...t=11617&hl=poll

and one on software...

http://forums.xbox-s...&t=1661&hl=poll

This was my FIRST attempt at find a related POLL... took [ Script Execution time: 0.0935 ] according to XBOX-SCENE!

I'm not trying to be a prick.. but every time I see someone say "I searched" I can usually prove them wrong!

#15 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 07:00 AM

I stand corrected. Thanks for not responding with an insult. I was just trying to help some people out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users