#1 hossmonkey

hossmonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:42 AM

I've cleared my jewel and have the LEDs in place and the box lights up nicely ... the only thing is I don't like that the IDE cable is showing!? I've search and looked around but there's no mention of moving the IDE so it's not visible? The only thing I can think of is moving the male IDE pin connector on the DVD and using some of the extra cable & giving it more play to move towards the front of the case?

Any suggestions or threads I might have missed?

Thanks!

#2 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:51 AM

cut a whole in the back of the HDD holder and instead of goingover the DVD to the HDD just go behind and in the hole to the HDD... get it?

#3 Thread Reaper

Thread Reaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:59 AM

I just put a small piece of plain white paper in there to cover up the ide cable and a couple wires I have in there running to LEDs.

Cheap and easy. laugh.gif

#4 AgentEB

AgentEB

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:00 AM

most ppl just put a white sheet and lay it over the guts

#5 counter terrorist dan

counter terrorist dan

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:11 AM

but if he wants to still see inside, definitely fold the ide cable under and cut a little off the back of the hard drive tray, I did this before, as i saw it in a tutorial for enhancing the looks of your crystals, and it looks VERY good when done. I'm sure even without the tut you can figure out where to cut, it folds right over the heat synchs on the mobo real nice.

#6 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3<br />80 Gb HDD<br />XBMC Dash<br />JP1 remote<br />12V 80mm Fan<br />Internal auto-switching DVD

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:12 AM

I stole SICKdimension's idea and painted the top of a slim CD case and put it under my jewel.

#7 hossmonkey

hossmonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:12 AM

Thanks guys for all the ideas!

I like the idea about cutting the back of the HDD tray, the only thing is I really don't like is the idea of is the IDE cable hanging over the Passive heat sinks of the GPU and CPU?

The idea of laying paper gave me the idea of laying a mirror down, which would cover the IDE cable and reflect more light?

Thanks for all the suggestions & for not giving me SH!T for such a newb question!

#8 rgbivens

rgbivens

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

There is room to where you can just re-fold it where it is on the top...break that little tab that holds it down off and it can go across the top and be clear of the jewel by about 2 cm... wink.gif

-Grant

#9 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY &quot;HEY R U THERE?&quot;
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (ahoatam @ Oct 15 2004, 09:15 PM)
I stole SICKdimension's idea and painted the top of a slim CD case and put it under my jewel.

My ideas cost $5 each. tongue.gif j/k

If you want to see how I did it, click the first link in my sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users