• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 t976s

t976s

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:08 AM

Alright i am new to this modchip thing but throughly understand softmods.
So my friend gave me a box with a fried HD. I ordered a Xenium chip, and borrowed a HD of a friend with a xenium chip. I backed up his HD to mine, plugged in my chip and WHalla. A working xbox once again. Later that evening, i was fuckin around with the box and i formatted my e drive as i was not aware there was anytning pertinant on it, right before i formatted my F to get my other 191Gigs.
After that it would lock up on the Boot up., later I noticed i only had one bios (4981.06_256k.bin), so i thought to my self i never wet up the stock bios, nor did i boot to the MS dash to set the clock. so i created a TSOP and flashed to it, and the box would not boot. Everything seems to be in place on the C drive as i can see it thru FTP.
So then i add the EVox M7 bios, flashed it , and it looked like my modded xbox was stuck in a softmod clock loop when it rebooted.
Once again i reboot to the chip, go back to my X2 bios that a friend gave me, and all of a sudden AVAlaunch boots. After many attempts through various dashboards to get to the MS dash to reset the clock, my box decided to start locking up again upon the boot.

anyone got any ideas?,

Luckily i am smart enought to have made the backup files on the evox dash so i have my Eprom and all the necessary stuff to simply softmod this once broken xbox, but i wanna Stick with the chip so i can educate myself on it.

v1.1 xbox, phillips dvd, xenium ICE solderless, avalaunch default dashboard the few times it has booted. 200g seagate

#2 smack_blitz

smack_blitz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:23 PM

maybe your d0 wire got dislodged and now booting off the Motherboard's bios. always better to solder.

just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users