4 replies to this topic

#1 brownboi

brownboi

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:23 PM

When I Was installing my hard drive (Maxtor 80 GB) to my Xbox, all i had to do was just take out the old and put the new one in. After, i just had to pop the EvoX sc the store gave me and my hard drive is upgraded (I haf an aladin modchip and to turn it on you hold the power botten until is goes orange)! Then my friend decides to give me his xbox to install a hard drive and i did the same thing but instead it says "The Xbox Has A Problem Plese Contact MS" (it also gave a phone number for tech support). On my firends xbox the EvoX CD wasn't booting and so wasn't anything else.

Do I have to try locking my friend's xbox? If so how do you do that? Because to lock my hard drive all i did was pop the cd in and went to options and clicked lock?

P.S. I don't know what kind of modchip my friend has cause he keeps telling me he has a BIOS not a modchip!

#2 brownboi

brownboi

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:24 PM

Oh yeah, would this work...If I take my friendz new hard drive and place it in my xbox, install all the software with EvoX and then put his new hard drive back in his xobx? Would that work?

#3 brownboi

brownboi

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:39 PM

Oh yeah forgot..he has a seagate 120 GB hard drive..thtz all i know..i will post the model number soon/

#4 Rana

Rana

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

Hi,

since you opend the xBox .. it should be no problem to see if there is a mod chip in or not .. if it is a softmod ... (means there is no modchip) you are in trouble anyway ...

if there is a modchip and his xBox don't boot from a boot media ..
keep in mind not all XBox DVD drives accept CD-R medias...
some of them are really a little tricky ....

try to use a CD-RW with 1x burning speed to make a new bootdisk
you can test the bootdisk with your own xBox ...

if you still can't get this boot disk to work .. use your xBox ..
when it is able to read your boot disk to prepair his new HDD.

cu

#5 brownboi

brownboi

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hey, Thx For the tip but the CD does work on his xbox because i put it in his xbox before his new hard drive and btw, what is a soft mod..? Is it better than a normal mod?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users