4 replies to this topic

#1 ^Xtopher^

^Xtopher^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:54 PM

ok here is the deal i have no mod chip, my xboxdash has been renamed when i ftp'ed
in via a software mod, now i get error 16 and frag. im gonna get a chip so i can fix this
i want the X-Ecuter 2.3 LITE+ my question is when the chip is installed and i power up i prob wont get a dashboard because of the xboxdash rename problem i stated before, is
ftp possible via the chip so i can get in and fix my xboxdash or does the hard drive need a dashboard to enable ftp. (hope this question is clear)

thanks guys for any help

#2 Skyblast

Skyblast

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:anime, jpop, video games, technology, movies. basically anything that won't get me laid ;)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:14 PM

It won't be that easy. The X2's dont come with an OS on them so you'll have to flash it was a BIOS from the usual places, create an evox disc, and then you can FTP and rename your files and such. There's tutorials for all of the above.

#3 ^Xtopher^

^Xtopher^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

cool deal, which bios do you suggest M18 or x2 bios

i noticed you have XBMC as your dash how is that for backups and apps (like emulators) ect.

#4 ^Xtopher^

^Xtopher^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

i meant M8 sorry

#5 Skyblast

Skyblast

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:anime, jpop, video games, technology, movies. basically anything that won't get me laid ;)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:56 PM

I would suggest using X2 4983, because I believe with evox BIOS's you have to patch support for some things, such as LBA48 support. X2 already has all that in it.

And XBMC makes a great dash, IMO. Just edit the ini to the sections you want, and they'll appear in My Programs. Like I have Utilities, Emulators, and XBOX games. XBMC will search the directories you specify automatically(you can do it manually too) and it'll have a list of all your proggies and such like any other dash. I use it as my dash since XBMC is what I want 90% of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users