windsorguy13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:50 PM

I was heavy into modding xboxes about a year ago and installed several Xecuter chips. I haven't done any of this stuff in a while, so please bear with me.
A friend of mine wanted to switch from evox dash to avalaunch, so he asked me to switch this for him. Well, problem number 1 is, I'm an idiot. He's go an Xecuter 2.1 (or 2.0) in his box with an old bios, so of course avalaunch isn't going to boot by default. I copied all the necessary files to his hard drive, but was still booting to evox, then I clued in on the boot sequence, and decided it'd be a good idea to remove the Evox dash altogether, to force the boot sequence to move onto Avalaunch. Great idea... except after I did this, I realized that I don't think Avalaunch was even out when this xbox was modded/bios installed. So, now that the hard drive can't find a bootable xbe, I get error code 16, and red/green flashing lights.
So, I create a boot CD which works in 3 different xboxes. Of course, this one has a Thompson drive, so I pulled it and put in a Samsung, but I still can't get the damn thing to boot. Error code 16 no matter what I do. Any links to creating boot disks for an older Xecuter bios? Is there any way to get back into this xbox? All I want to do is rename the avalaunch.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and be done with it.....HELP! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users