• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 liliverson3

liliverson3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 06:36 AM

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all these x-ecuter pictures are not helping me at all, can someone give me step by step instructions on how to install the x-ecuter

i filled the nine holes with solder, but someone said somethin about bridging????????what??????

after i fill in the nine solder points, do i just solder the wire to the point on the mobo and where does the other end get soldered 2 can someone please help me i would gladly appreciate thanks 4 reading
biggrin.gif

#2 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2002 - 06:43 AM

user posted image

The wire you solder to the motherboard should connect to where that black arrow points (picture is upside-down of how it should look in the xbox). If you want to make an on/off switch for the X-ecuter, then attach leads for the switch to both each point (black and white). If you don't put a switch there, you need to bridge those 2 points together (connect with solder) so power can flow through the chip.

#3 MrEs

MrEs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 08:34 AM

id put a switch, u might aswell while ur already soldering the 2 birdges together.. blink.gif

#4 liliverson3

liliverson3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 10:33 PM

I still dont understand, can someone like give me step by step instructions on how to install the x-ecuter, i filled in the 9 holes what do i do next????????????????????????????????????????????????? that is all i need to know thanks, i do not want to install a switch yet

#5 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 01:20 AM

Solder one end of a wire to the point on the motherboard, then the other end to where the black arrow points in the picture. Then use solder to join the 2 points together, and you should be done. I can't simplify it any more than that.

#6 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 09:05 PM

I think he is actually asking about the other 8 or 9 solder points that are "wireless" I too am curious as I am completely retarded smile.gif ( no solder experiance wink.gif ) Thanks

-M3

PS. I have read the few diagrams and instructions out there and am still a little baffled

#7 mARKH316

mARKH316

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 11:37 PM

So if you want to put a switch also you put the switch wire and the wire that connects the the mobo both on the black arrow???

#8 xmods

xmods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 04:59 AM

The spot on the pcb that you have to jump if you are not going to use the switch is just where it connects one of the pins from the onboard bios to the ground so when you boot your system it doesn't see the retail bios. So what you need to do is solder one wire of the switch to one of the 2 contacts and the other to the other contact, do not bridge them if you are going to use the switch. Hope this helps.

#9 liliverson3

liliverson3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 07:29 PM

ok..............listen all i want to know is what i do after i fill in the 9 solder points on the x-ecuter, i do not want to install a switch, u guys r getin me confused about talkin all about this switch stuff, so all i want to know is what i do after i fill in 9 solder points on the chip thanks, and i appreciate the responses rolleyes.gif

#10 Zippy

Zippy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:39 PM

I don't have an Xecuter, but I've done this kind of soldering before. After you've filled in the holes on the xecuter, you're supposed to place the entire board on top of your Xbox motherboard so that the filled in holes on the xecuter line up with, and touch, the filled in holes on the motherboard. There should be a picture either here, or on the xecuter website that shows where to place the board. While the xecuter board is touching the xbox motherboard, you then re-heat the solder in the holes you just filled so that it joins with the solder in the holes of the motherboard underneath it, that's how the electrical connections are made to the motherboard. Then when the solder cools again the xecuter is permanently attached to the motherboard by the 9 solder points.

That's the idea anyway. wink.gif

#11 liliverson3

liliverson3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:56 PM

i got that but it is the one wire thing, where do i solder it to the point on the mobo and what other point and the u shaped thing do i have to solder it to the ground plate???????????someone please help me eager to know what to do thanks 4 the help guys biggrin.gif

#12 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Drew826 @ Aug 11 2002, 08:20 PM)
Solder one end of a wire to the point on the motherboard, then the other end to where the black arrow points in the picture. Then use solder to join the 2 points together, and you should be done. I can't simplify it any more than that.

Read this one more time. That's ALL you have to do as far as the wire is concerned!!!!
Then you need to solder the U-shaped part to the metal on the screw hole

#13 Azadar

Azadar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 09:19 PM

That screw hole do you remove the screw before soldering or leave it in?

Azadar

#14 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 09:20 PM

If I were installing the X-ecuter, I would remove all screws and take the mobo completely out of the case so I had plenty of room to work. But maybe that's just me. I would suggest at least removing that screw to solder, then putting it back.

#15 liliverson3

liliverson3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 09:30 PM

what 2 points are u talkin about that i join together, i connect the wire to the solder point on the mobo and than on the place where the black arrow is pointing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users