Photo

Need Help Getting My Jewel "crystal" Clear!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MasterChief1128

MasterChief1128

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:20 AM

I used Brasso and Nail Polish Remover. Now, I'm just wondering how to get rid of that foggy look. And it's not a frosty look, it's like the residue from using krazy glue on something clear. Any suggestions? I might post a pic later if that'll help explain it. Thanks guys!

#2 bLiZzArDo

bLiZzArDo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:25 AM

Try toothpaste, some brands work better than others (Regular Colgate is supposed to be one of the best). Also, dish washing soap worked really well for me. There are also a few more options that worked well for different people, but toothpaste and soap are the only two I can think of at the moment. If this does not work, or makes your jewel worse, I apologise.

#3 MasterChief1128

MasterChief1128

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:33 AM

All right, thanks. One quick question though...

For the toothpaste, how do I "use" it? Just put it on the jewel and spread around or what??

#4 bLiZzArDo

bLiZzArDo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

Yeah, just put some on your finger, rub it around, let it sit for a couple minutes, rinse, repeat.

#5 MasterChief1128

MasterChief1128

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:37 AM

All right, thanks. I'll go try it right now!

#6 MasterChief1128

MasterChief1128

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:54 AM

Sweet man, that helped a LOT! It's so much clearer now!

Ok, I think I'm just gonna take a pic and try to show you'll the tiny part that I can't get off. It's around the outer edge (really though you can only see it when you hold the jewel up to the light). Anyways, I'll post the pic in about 5 mins...

Also, mine has lots of scratches...is the only way to get those off to sand it? I don't wanna have to do that...

#7 bLiZzArDo

bLiZzArDo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:57 AM

I'm glad it worked. Not sure how you can get rid of that last mark, but don't try soap now, it may react with the toothpaste. So, I'd suggest just continuing to rub toothpaste on it, run it under water, and repeat.

#8 bLiZzArDo

bLiZzArDo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, as far as I know, the only way to remove scratches is by sanding. Are the scratches on the top, or bottom, of the jewel? If on top, I'd suggest just leaving it, not worth ruining it more, if it's on the bottom, it may be safe to sand it with very fine sandpaper. But, either way, you're taking a chance. If you feel like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, there are a lot of legitimate sites that offer perfect jewels.

#9 MasterChief1128

MasterChief1128

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:11 AM

Well, I was thinking about it...and from the way I see it, the scratches that I have aren't even noticable when I lay the jewel down on a flat surface, which is how it's gonna be on my box. So yeah there's no point in me trying to get rid of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users