• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NamSey

NamSey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 04:50 AM

I search the past post and read up all the other ppl's problems with no sound/video. But I think my prob is a little bit different. It all started with hanged gameplay, then it went to hanged DVD playback, next was hanged anim logo at boot up. These probs usually get fixed if I turn off and back on. But yesterday I was watch a DVD movie and it hanged. After that, it won't boot. The usual off/on 3 times and xmax lights happened. Open Xbox and recheck connections, now the boot lights seems normal. But still no video/sound at boot up. I re-flash my OpenXbox mod and that went well. Same status. I am thinking could it be files in the HD be corrupted? I hear the HD booting sound seems ok. I tried booting Xbox w/o the HD and the lights function like when the HD was connected. You think prob is the HD? And can a 4GB HD replacement will work fine with Xbox?

FYI - Installation of OpenXbox mod went well and was able to play my backups for months without probs. Xbox hanging started 3 weeks ago. Only thing I installed in the Hd is xDVD, MPEG movies, Media Player. I mainly use the DVD movies and games so it's not overheating of HD (I think)

#2 NamSey

NamSey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:12 PM

I removed the OpenXbox mod and all soldered wires. But still no sound or video. What else can be wrong with the system???

#3 froescheD

froescheD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:03 PM

maybe you're just one of the unlucky guys who ownes a xbox with a production failure? uhh.gif

no other idea sorry

#4 switzch

switzch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 07:54 PM

possibly your cable is busted up real good.. that would give you no audio/video, and a flashy green/red.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users