#1 digisolo

digisolo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:10 PM

I hope this is right section of the forum to post this question in, if not...I apologize.

Anyway, I just modded one of my friends xbox, and he had about 600 really great songs on it that he said I could put on mine. The problem is that they are all unnamed. All of the files are named like "0000006e.wma" and so on with no artist or album info. Is there any way to find the artist and album info for these songs without the original cd's? I guess I am looking for an app that can read the info in the track if there is any in wma's and rename the tracks. I would do it manually if it were just a few songs, but 600? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:07 AM

assuming you just want to use them in xbmc (or similar)... just load them up in a media player on your PC and let it CDDB them. there are some programs out there that can then rename the files from the tags, id recommend one, but i havent found any that im all that impressed with.

Edited by AlTheKiller, 19 October 2004 - 06:08 AM.

#3 digisolo

digisolo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:54 AM

I tried using Windows Media and iTunes both and neither of them find anything when I try to get the song info, these songs were on a buddys xbox, and neither of us have access to the original cd's.

I would really like to find an easier way to get the info for these songs if possible, instead of renaming all 500 or so 1 by 1. All of the songs have names like 000000c7.wma and so on at the moment.

Do wma's that are ripped from cd's by an UN-modded xbox even have any info encoded into them? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users