8 replies to this topic

#1 kaylapuppy

kaylapuppy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 07:52 PM

I have the latest version (feb4) of xbmp and it works great. SVCD, VCD, Shoutcast, all works great. However I was reading that some people were able to get DVD's playing. I tried selecting the ifo files on a DVD and nothing happens. Could someone explain which files XBMP is looking for in order to play a DVD. Is it only some DVD's that will play. So far all I have tried is Phantom Menace, but no luck.

Regards,
KP

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (kaylapuppy @ Feb 5 2003, 03:52 PM)
I have the latest version (feb4) of xbmp and it works great. SVCD, VCD, Shoutcast, all works great. However I was reading that some people were able to get DVD's playing. I tried selecting the ifo files on a DVD and nothing happens. Could someone explain which files XBMP is looking for in order to play a DVD. Is it only some DVD's that will play. So far all I have tried is Phantom Menace, but no luck.

Regards,
KP

VOB files.

IFO files tell the DVD player about the structure of the disc, but XBMP doesn't handle those - yet.

#3 kaylapuppy

kaylapuppy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:35 PM

I tried vob files, and weird things happen. Sometimes it whips by really fast, other times there is no sound, and for the large vobs, the playback is all messed up. Do I need to download a codec or something to play these properly ?

Regards,
KP

#4 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:57 PM

Funny - I used the DVD rip functions in xToolBox and and ripped my Baraka DVD to a folder on the Xbox HD. Then used XBMP on the vobs and it was real jerky. Then I tried yesterday's build(4th feb) and suddenly its real smooth.

There's progress for ya wink.gif

#5 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:59 PM

Hmmm... I haven't messed with DVD on XBMP yet.

I imagine it's still in a pre-alpha stage at this point.

XBMP lacks a LOT of polish... though the tecnical quality of the playback is great (except, it seems, DVD VOBs). Now they just have to handle navigation (auto-play for VCD/SVCD, inserted discs) and visualization for MP3/Audio playback.

#6 Troll123

Troll123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:22 AM

todays build has better ifo support as well as dvd avsync fixes.

#7 LumbraX

LumbraX

BANNED AGAIN - Multiple Abuses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:27 AM

I could see Frodo and Duo working on the source now. Their have been A shitload of new features in the CVS Builds since the point release of XBMP 2.2. I can see a 2.3 Point in a few weeks im guessing. (Hopefully Code will be polished and all cleaned up)

#8 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:57 AM

XBMP is the only thing I use my Xbox for 85% of the time, but it could indeed use some polish. The interface is pretty nice, but that Windows Media Player bar they use during playback needs more functionality. I'd like to see FFW and RW made A LOT better, and the ability to cut to any point in a video.

Edited by KazuyaWaruasobi, 06 February 2003 - 05:58 AM.

#9 Troll123

Troll123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 11:21 AM

You can cut to any point in the video now by using the remote and entering the time segment. Albiet this has room for improvement, but works now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users