omegabullit

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:37 PM

My stepdad recently put virus software on my comp, worried about our network. Unfortunately it found 1500 corrupted files. Oops. So I cleaned it up, and now he said the xbox IP is blocked until I can get any virus s that may be on the xbox, or show him something online that says that the xbox cant viruses, or that they wont affect the other computers on the network. Im not really sure about this one (im more hardware), so I figured newbie chat was the best place for this, thanks.

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:47 PM

Im sure someone could probally create one but as far as I know, theres is none. I doubt anyone would want to waste the time to try and make one to.

#3 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:53 PM

hi dad

well you cant get any viruses for xboxs yet, all viruses are thing that cerate or use a "glitch" in the windows to cause dammage, and lest say you ftp a virus to your xbox eg netsky;nothing will happen becuase netsky is not made to use the file format the xbox uses so there si no danger what so ever YET!

im sure the "older" unsure.gif members of xbox scene know this but in about 1993 there was a virus for you computer that would BURN part of your motherboard of you pc, makeing it uselss! so you had to buy a new one!

hard to blelieve isnt it, well if someone is useing dos windows or not m$ windows he will have a 1% of getting a virus becuase all the viruses today are build to take advantge of a problem in the windows and make you lose data/corupt data making you pc not even boot.

hope this helps

#4 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:58 PM

Look int he FAQ forum as there is already a thread with numerous pages to it about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users