• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:ANIME!!??<br />modding for about 2 years, and have modded over 6 xboxes, i have expierence in eeproms
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:28 PM

i have a chip (xecuter 2.3 lite plus) and a 1.0 version xbox, i messed up my first xbox by ripping up the traces (i don't really want to talk about it sad.gif ) so i was wondering if there is way to modding the xbox without soddering and using the chip as a permanet solution (i am also useing a 200 gig HD, maxtor, which i dont think is lockable) is there a way to have my xbox modded? or do i HAVE to use the chip?
thanks for the help

jester.gif

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:32 PM

If its a 1.0 then do a tsop flash. I suggest the one with the switch that enables you to switch to a hacked bios and your regular one but if your hd isint lockable like you said, then you wont even be able to use the original bios. You still have to solder but its very little. Or get a solderless adapter but I wouldnt use them.

Edited by Killa420, 21 October 2004 - 10:34 PM.

#3 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:35 PM

Go gentle and use the chip and you'll be fine.

I had never modded any console before and I did my first xbox with the same Xecuter 2.3b Lite Plus chip. Mine worked first time and it was soo easy.

EDIT: Killa the chip he has is a solderlesschip, its the one Team Xecuter stopped producing when they made the Xapter to make all their chips solderless.

Edited by Nightfire-Player, 21 October 2004 - 10:37 PM.

#4 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:37 PM

I would find someone experienced to solder it for you. Usually you can find it for $20 or less, which could save you a lot of money down the road. wink.gif

#5 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:ANIME!!??<br />modding for about 2 years, and have modded over 6 xboxes, i have expierence in eeproms

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:50 PM

ok, but before i decide what to do, if i do the tsop mod, will i be able to use my larger HD? because i am not sure if i can lock it (i dont care about live)
thanks
for the help
jester.gif

edit: i was also wondering is there a way to change the original xbox bios? so that you no longer need a chip?

edit: also where the chip screws into the area has been stipped, so the chip cant really be secured, so is there a way to soder my chip to the box, or should i use something else? (a soder chip or other?)

jester.gif

Edited by benj000, 21 October 2004 - 11:04 PM.

#6 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:53 PM

*bump*

#7 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:59 PM

Some people have been known to use hot glue to help keep the screw in however I wouldnt really advise it.

#8 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:04 AM

yeah i did that, and that is how i messed up my fiest box, what i would like to do is use the chip to access the xbox and change anything that needs to be changed and use the xbox without the chip ( if i did the tsop mod with the chip, connect the neccedary points, and added the neccessary stuff to the Hd, would i be able to run it without the chip, if so what do i need to get?) jester.gif

#9 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:34 AM

i have decided that it is a lot less risky just to use the chip, and alot more stable, so i hope everything works well, i will take my time and will hopefully post good results soon,

heres to everyone that helped or learned something beerchug.gif

jester.gif

#10 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:20 AM

TODAY IS A GLOURIOUS DAY!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH jester.gif laugh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif it has been a long long time, but i have finally finished the mods.

total price is almost 1000 dollars, but that is because i made almost every single possible mistake outthere when modding, but the one i broke repetadly is BEING PATIENT if u dont have that u will screw up

i want to give a BIG round of apllouse to everyone who helped me, i couldn't have done it without the help and support of xbox-scene and its members, thank you VERY much beerchug.gif pop.gif love.gif

jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users