• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Injeksion

Injeksion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:54 AM

I'm happy to say I successfully installed my SmartXX chip and everything is working fine. I'm using the M8 bios because I have a v1.6 and I have the latest ED @ Chip from the usual source. I can connect fine with my xbox using FlashFXP. I have not yet installed a dash, as I want to successfully back up my C and E drives before I move on to the next step.

My problem happens during the transfer of the C drive from the XBOX to my PC. I can successfully start a transfer in FlashFXP, but after a certain amount of time, the transfer rate drops to 0 kb/s and stays that way. I then have to restart my XBOX and load into ED @ Chip in order to gain FTP access again. After a few minutes, the same thing happens again. I don't know if it's specifically the FlashFXP settings that are causing the connection to time out, or if it's my router.

Currently my XBOX is connected to my router, which is connected to my pc, and also connected to my laptop (wireless). DHCP is on, and I've set ED @ Chip appropriately.

If this still doesn't work for me, I'm planning on using a crossover cable as backup. I don't know if anymore else has had this problem. I appreciate the help.

#2 Injeksion

Injeksion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:27 PM

I guess I'm the only one who's ever encountered this problem?

#3 Sainticus Supreme

Sainticus Supreme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:I'm a 23 year old homosexual looking for other homosexual young men in the Hickory/Conover North Carolina area. Will drive further if i like your picture - 1-828-850-7097 - ask for me - Joel Hinson :)<br />www.usadomains.com | http://www.myspace.com/sainticus
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:47 PM

Trying to transfer large amount of files wirelessly really should be using 802.11g, but i'd say just go with a crossover cable.

#4 Injeksion

Injeksion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:16 PM

That might be the problem then. I currently have 802.11b. I imagine transfering it into smaller bits and pieces would solve the problem. If that still doesn't work, I'll have the crossover to fall back on. Thanks for the info.

#5 Sainticus Supreme

Sainticus Supreme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:I'm a 23 year old homosexual looking for other homosexual young men in the Hickory/Conover North Carolina area. Will drive further if i like your picture - 1-828-850-7097 - ask for me - Joel Hinson :)<br />www.usadomains.com | http://www.myspace.com/sainticus

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:35 PM

Well good luck on that man, just let us know if it helped you so others can learn from it. beerchug.gif

#6 Injeksion

Injeksion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 07:40 PM

Well the weird thing is the last time I FTP'ed, everything went well without any time outs. Then once in a while I'll get a time out, but I think I can manage that. It's a really weird issue. Other than that, splitting the transfers into smaller pieces seems to work.

#7 Sainticus Supreme

Sainticus Supreme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 07:46 PM

Good job dude, glad you got it working for you beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users