• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 napkinn

napkinn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

So I got my new HD up and running with some games and everything seems to work fine. I put the backup of my old HD (the one EvoX made) back on my original HD, go to play XBox Live on that one, and it says my hardware may have been modified. First of all, does that mean I've been banned? Second, does that mean I'm out 50 bucks...?

Third, what can I do to get back on live since I can't access my Original HD anymore being that I put the retail dash back on?

I think that when I first did it, I may have accidentally tried to log onto live without just putting the DVD in and starting from that.

#2 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:30 AM

search the forum.............you will learn what you need and how to fix your hdd............

#3 napkinn

napkinn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

I tried to search, but I really don't even know where to start. I learned about eeprom's, but I don't know how I'd switch it without resoftmodding my original HD, or if I'd even have to again. I am really new to this and quite lost, although I've learned more in the past week than I ever thought there even was to know.

What would be some good things to search for?

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (napkinn @ Oct 23 2004, 04:42 AM)
I tried to search, but I really don't even know where to start. I learned about eeprom's, but I don't know how I'd switch it without resoftmodding my original HD, or if I'd even have to again. I am really new to this and quite lost, although I've learned more in the past week than I ever thought there even was to know.

What would be some good things to search for?

You know that you can scroll down, and see other board areas, like Xbox Live??

Anyways, yes, your Xbox is banned from Xbox Live. You accessed Live with the modchip on, which is a no no. You can get a new EEPROM from Buy and Sell, but a brand new theory with Live banning is that won't really help you.

And yes, you are out 50 dollars if you are unable to fix the problem. And no, nothing you can do to get that money back, as the Live TOS states that no modified Xboxes shall access the Live service.

You can though get a brand new Xbox, recover your account from Live (your account isn't banned), and just use that Xbox for Live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users