#1 dsenart

dsenart

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:47 PM

I am about to get my first xbox and after lots of reading I would really like to do a few things to it.

1. I want to add a modchip that will allow me to add a 120gig harddrive so that I can "backup" my games onto the harddrive. I am confused though because when I go through and look at all the different modchips I really don't know the differences between them. SOO i figure I'd post and ask for some advice. I still want to be able to play xbox live games, I'm not so worried about the type of dvd rom media it will play as I have plenty of dvd players that I can watch any type of media on.

2. I want to mod the case as well, I am going to be buyin a clear xbox case and adding some neon led's and such. Does the mod chip effect this? Do i need a larger power supply or larger cooling fan etc?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb I am just really confused, there are really too many options out there.

Any advice would be great!!

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:50 PM

1. any modchip (current) will allow you to run backups, unsigned code, ect ect. that is all bios dependant, it has nothing to do with the modchip

2. the ammount of stuff you would have to add on to need a larger power supply is very very large, i bet you could power a coffe pot and toaster while playing halo. and still have some leds in there (so no, you dont need a larger power supply)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users