• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hitman14

hitman14

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

i have i had counterstrike installed on my box and i extracted the iso just incase my box crased witch it did but it is an iso file and i do not have a dvd burner and when i try to uplaod the iso it say calculating and not starting for about 3 hours what is the problem

#2 Hadez026

Hadez026

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:00 PM

I have the same problem, anyone know wat the solution is

#3 Nisei

Nisei

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:20 PM

Probably Windows XP SP2. Try Extracting the ISO and upload using another FTP program.

#4 SScorpio

SScorpio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:14 PM

Qwix doesn't work on some people's computer when running Windows XP SP2. So far the bug has not been fixed and people have had to manually extract the ISOs and the upload with another FTP program. I found another application that will prefrom uploading straight from an ISO like Qwix does.

Here's my post about it: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=312481

Also are you running an Athlon 64 by any chance? SP2 added a new thing called Data Execuation Protection which I told Windows to disable for Qwix but I'm wondering if there is a bug with the disabling or just something that is activated with the processors themselves. This is just speculatino; however, it would be interesting to get a list of the setups people are having problems on.

My Setup:
Athlon 3000+ o/c 3200+
1GB 400MHz DDR
NForce 250GB using the built-in Gigabit Ethernet Connection.
Windows XP SP2, with all current Windows Updates.

#5 ProDarwin

ProDarwin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

I've got an XP 2700+, 512mb ram, Asus Nforce 2 w/ onboard 10/100 ethernet, etc etc. and I have the exact same error as described above. Also, if I try to browse, I get a "cannot naviage to f:" error. On a similar note I also get an error when trying to transfer with c-xbox (failed to retreive dir). Guess its time to search for another program capable of doing this.

Edited by ProDarwin, 05 April 2005 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users