5 replies to this topic

#1 JPHCCFC

JPHCCFC

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

got xbmc 1.1 working looks good.....cant seem however have a problem when i try and change the project mayhem to display in widescreen 16:9 it doesnt give me the option i just get the option of PAL with no ability to select up and down????

Thanks in advance

#2 Jagasian

Jagasian

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

I just installed 1.1 too, and I am trying to calibrate the screen, and while I can adjust the upper left corner, I can't progress to the next part of calibration. In the old skin, I could hit the select button on the remote and it would progress to the next part of calibration.

I am starting to regret that I upgraded, as I can't see a damn thing with all of this overscan!

#3 Jagasian

Jagasian

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:21 PM

I just read the XBMC manual, and it says to press "A" on the game controller to progress through the calibration... BUT THAT DOES NOT WORK! WTF?!?! You would figure that this would be a basic feature that would have been bug tested.

#4 Jagasian

Jagasian

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:54 PM

Editting the calibration XML files seems to be a real pain in the ass. I guess I wasn't supposed to change the profile0.xml, or was I?

#5 vanThijs

vanThijs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:28 PM

I was having the same problems with the perious build of xbmc,
but now i don't have any problems when i use the controller.

I have to say that I deleted all the xbmc files, not only the settings.

#6 stevie_mac

stevie_mac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (JPHCCFC @ Oct 23 2004, 05:56 PM)
got xbmc 1.1 working looks good.....cant seem however have a problem when i try and change the project mayhem to display in widescreen 16:9 it doesnt give me the option i just get the option of PAL with no ability to select up and down????

Thanks in advance

Not sure whats going on mate. All i can offer is some suggestions.

Have you set 16:9 in MS dashboard?

Are you using PAL mode? It *may* help to switch to NTSC (you will need the "video switch utillity" (not sure of exact name??? something like that)).

Good luck.

As for using remote to calibrate screen...

I use a remote + have V1.1 & PM also.

Are you modifying GUI calibration or My Video calibration??? (If i remember correctly, you cannot do too much with GUI calibration)

Have you tryed deleting cached settings (hold start+back while XBMC starts)

Lastly... LOL, I dunno how many times i've typed XBMX (topic) - but i always managed to correct it before posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users