Photo

Surreal 64, Golden Eye Controls Too Sensitive....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Excitedguy

Excitedguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:29 PM

There is no sensitivity controls in the game, but can I edit the Surreal.ini file to make the controls less sensitive, I got the emulation to run perfect on this game, using the UltraHLE emulator with 2mb video memory, but the controls are too sensitive, I can even aim! Anyways, I know you can add this line to specific games only... Use Basic Audio=1, but, can you add a line like that except it be a line for sensitivity, if not, is there any possible way to change the sensitivity? Someone please help me out, I really want to play this game!!! laugh.gif Thank you

#2 Funkstar De Luxe

Funkstar De Luxe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

Do you Have Surreal FDB v2?

#3 Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:34 AM

he's right, you need to make sure you are using Sureal 64 FDB v2 or v3,
you cannot change the stick sensitivity in these versions: Surreal 64 v1.0, guex.net version, Drunkards 1.1 (buggy cvs compile), RC2, or FDB v1.

And I recommend making these changes for goldeneye:
from surreal.ini
CODE

Default NPad Deadzone=2015
Default XPad Deadzone=0.37
Default XPad Summand=0.01

Edited by Mr. Chips, 25 October 2004 - 12:36 AM.

#4 Excitedguy

Excitedguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:37 AM

I am using FDB V3 version, and thank you mr chip, I will try that out, anyway and I just stick those setting uder the game in the ini or does it have to be at the top where the default settings are?

#5 Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:53 AM

take a look at the ini
obviously at the top dry.gif

#6 Excitedguy

Excitedguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:51 AM

I love those settings you gave me, they work with all my games now, EXCEPT, there is one problem I would like to solve. Now on every game, when I am not touching the joystick, there will be automatic cursor movement (in menus) or automatic movement in game, the speed of this auto movement is between the speed of medium and slow in my terms. Is there any reason why there is auto movement now with these cool settings? any way to fix this? please help out here. Thank you very much.

PS Has anyone ever gotten vigilante 8 to work with ANY of the xbox n64 emulators successfully?

#7 Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:59 AM

it's just because your controller joystick is not centered when you take your thumb off of it (added with the fact there is more sensitivity).
So what you could do, and I recommend is, if you own SegaGT, you can calibrate the controller from the options menu. If that doesn't work, open up the controller and add dabs of grease to the parts of the joystick that move.
I have done this, and it works pretty well, where as some people would throw the controller away thinking the sticks were wearing out!
Mr. Chips

#8 mersisblue

mersisblue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Oct 26 2004, 04:02 AM)
it's just because your controller joystick is not centered when you take your thumb off of it (added with the fact there is more sensitivity).
So what you could do, and I recommend is, if you own SegaGT, you can calibrate the controller from the options menu. If that doesn't work, open up the controller and add dabs of grease to the parts of the joystick that move.
I have done this, and it works pretty well, where as some people would throw the controller away thinking the sticks were wearing out!
Mr. Chips

what kind of grease also where do you find the emulator version ?

#9 Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:03 AM

use regular white grease..like the kind you use on vehicles, check your garage.

where do you find the emulator version ?

I don't know what you mean...
but the best version to get is "Surreal 64 FDB v3".
You can get it from xbins IRC. If you need to find more please check with xbins
I don't have time to bother telling you how to find it, sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users