3 replies to this topic

#1 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:27 PM

To BJ: what are your thoughts on making MXM open source (hosted on sourceforge or similar)?

This has probably been discussed before, although I couldn't find it. There have been plenty of threads asking when the next version is out, and I know you're working on important behind the scenes features. (By the way. I apologise that although I'm a WIP tester I have given very little input). But I've seen many closed source projects die because the maintainer had no time to maintain it, and I worry MXM is going down that route.

Open source seems to have helped XBMP/XBMC, and even Surreal 64 has got a boost.

#2 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:40 PM

huh.gif It is allready totally open source... It's distributed with the binary I believe.

And it isn't dieing, the last 12 months have seen great additions to the WIP binaries smile.gif

#3 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:28 AM

It is open source.

However, there's no CVS tree, and source is released with a public release, so that's why WIP source is not out.

#4 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:27 PM

Ok, I'm a fool!

Sourceforge-style CVS open source was what I really had in mind, where it would be easy for people to contribute and collaborate, and people could compile CVS binaries and so on. But never mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users