• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ultramutalisk

ultramutalisk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:43 AM

I have searched through the forums and I have not found an example of the fragging which I'm getting.

I installed the modchip (SmartXX v2) into my v1.4 XBOX using the pin header installation. It booted just fine into the SmartXX OS. From there I was able to do this whole post install tutorial: http://www.smartxx.c...4ec8ff10aba4f43 and I was able to get to the part where "Ed on a chip" is installed.
I was able to upload a dashboard to the hard drive and the Evox M7 bios (didn't have the M8 handy) into the flash of the SmartXX chip. Now here is the problem: whenever I try to load either Evox M7 or the original BIOS the XBOX fraggs (green light, reboots, green light, reboots, flashing red and green lights) or sometimes it just reboots back into the SmartXX os, it's inconsistent. And for the weird part, because I could not get the XBOX to load any dashboards, I just completely uninstalled the mod chip, and the XBOX will always frag, but as soon as I pop it back in, it could get to the SmartXX OS. So does anybody know what the problem could be? I've been doing some reading in the forums and it seems that I may have partially corrupted the EEPROM. Is this correct? I would appreciate any help.... Thanks in advance.

-ultramutalisk

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

You only need one posts, theres no need for 2. What files are on your c:\ drive?

#3 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

its either the eeprom, or the d0 or the tsop (although i dont know how the last 2 could affect it, but you never know)

smartxx has eeprom tools on it. try the eeprom diagnostic and tell us what it says

Edited by FallsInc, 27 October 2004 - 06:41 PM.

#4 kscrilla

kscrilla

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (FallsInc @ Oct 27 2004, 07:43 PM)
its either the eeprom, or the d0 or the tsop (although i dont know how the last 2 could affect it, but you never know)

smartxx has eeprom tools on it. try the eeprom diagnostic and tell us what it says

I am having a similar problem I checked my eeprom and its version 11 with no problems.I also have a 1.4 xbox.

frag happens inconsistently but when it does usually takes 10-20 reboots b4 smartxx os comes back up. from there I can launch either bios(stock,x2)
and it works. also for some reason somtimes when i am working in smartxx os
and press b for back screen gets all screwed up you can tell its the smartxx os screen but VERY distorted.

Does anyone know whats up? I did use conductive paint to install chip with pin header should i just bite the bullet an use real solder instead?

Could this problem occur because there is not enough continuity through the paint?

#5 ultramutalisk

ultramutalisk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:14 AM

I don't think that method would be very reliable.... I don't think conductive paint will hold very well. If you happen to move the chip even slightly, you may loose conductivity, since it will not hold it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users