Photo

Question About Upgrade New Hdd Using Xboxhdm.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PrTv

PrTv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:46 AM

Now my new hdd is lying around , i've read many tut about how to upgrade my hdd.

But i still have some question.

In this tut
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043

On " MAKE YOUR BOOTABLE XBOXHDM CD IMAGE " step 3. he said that

" Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C folder. "

MY QUESTION IS

----- If i don't have Slayer disc , can i just FTP all the content i have on my OLD xbox hdd in to it ?

----- And after "build a new xbox hd from scratch" process finish , i have to LOCK my NEW HDD my self , right ? --Using HDDKEY that Live info gave me--

----- If i can FTP all my OLD Xbox content to the new one , i don't have to UNLOCK the old one , right ? -- because i'am afraid that if i unlock the old one and Relock with WRONG key , i'am doom --

P.S. My xbox is 1.6 softmodded

Any help would be appreciate

#2 foozxc

foozxc

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

MY QUESTION IS
----- If i don't have Slayer disc , can i just FTP all the content i have on my OLD xbox hdd in to it ?

if your xbox is already softmoded then copy your c and e drive to your computer
and put them in the /linux/ directory

----- And after "build a new xbox hd from scratch" process finish , i have to LOCK my NEW HDD my self , right ? --Using HDDKEY that Live info gave me--

yes, you must get that information from your xbox, if you have evox just go to settings, backup;-) , then put the eeprom.bin file in the eeprom folder (in /linux/)

----- If i can FTP all my OLD Xbox content to the new one , i don't have to UNLOCK the old one , right ? -- because i'am afraid that if i unlock the old one and Relock with WRONG key , i'am doom --

right, after you have made the linux disc, take out old hd, put in new hard drive which you already locked and it will work, dont worry about the old hard drive unless it didnt work for some reason, then its your backup!

#3 PrTv

PrTv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:42 AM

Thankyou man.

Now the disc is made , tonight i will try it out and see if it work.

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users