7 replies to this topic

#1 evilxbox

evilxbox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:53 PM

I modded a Xb0x 1.6 with Aladdin Advanced chip. Works great no problem.

For the chip I made a socket on the xbox mainboard, and pins on the chip. So i can remove the whole chip and can easely stick in another Aladin Advanced chip (with pins soldered on the chip ofcourse).

The chip is always on or off with a jumper that grounds the D0 of mainboard to ground of xbox.

Problem:

When I boot the xb0x with the chip to start flash program. I remove the chip and put another one in (all with xb0x on) and try to flash. But as a respons xb0x tells me " flash not writable "

I know you have to enable the flash of the chip by holding power when booting the chip so you get fancy led flashing. But I have NOT soldered BT, L1, L2 and D0 from chip.

My question. Can I activate the flashing of the chip by soldering some wiring on it instead of the wiring on the BT. L1. L2 on mainboard.

######################################################

Xb0x works great --> this question is to help a bad flashed Aladdin Advance <--

######################################################

Edited by evilxbox, 27 October 2004 - 03:31 PM.

#2 evilxbox

evilxbox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:44 PM

And its NOT about the chip part in the (brown) socket, that one is working <checked it in another Aladdin Advance socket>

So it must be the other square <44 pin> thing.

Is this a memory module ?

lov u Chancer

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

When you flash the Aladdin the chip it flashes is the SST 49LF020 (The one in the brown socket). If you have a faulty Lattice chip on one of the Aladdins then unfortunately you cannot flash this with a hotswap.
To enable the flash permenat you could try grounding the D0 and the BT, but usually withe hotswap method you just pop out the SST chip and plug the bad flashed one into the socket so the flash would already be enabled.
Hippo is the man to tell you about programming the Lattice chips but you need a special set up to doit.

PS Hope you don't think I just replied to this just to put my post count up or have the last word

#4 evilxbox

evilxbox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:08 PM

thanks for your reply.

I understand the lattice chip will not be flashed this way. In your reply I see there might be a possibility to repair the chip with a special setup. Hippo knows about this smile.gif

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:12 PM

Hippo has a set up to program these chips and understands all about them so it may be worth seeing if he can help you or give you some info.

#6 copter_

copter_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:37 AM

OK,

So did I understand this correctly now.. If I hot swap SST chip from Aladdin Advance I cannot flash that new / empty SST chip unless I do some special wirings?

I looked some cheapmod wirings and noticed that pins 7 & 8 are ones that are needed to be connected into ground if I wish to enable write protect .. So maybe if I install small wire from SST pins 7 & 8 and connect it to pin 32 and block pins 7 & 8 from the connector, then I should be able to flash that SST chip or is there something more that I should know?

I have one SST ship that I need to install into v1.6 box, but it's empty and I need to somehow flash it using my other v1.1 box. So what I'm thinking is that I buy Aladdin Advance for my v1.1 and hot swap that SST chip for programming. I have old 29 wire mod in my v1.1 box and last night I tried to install SST chip into same mb and boot it with 29 wire chip and then flash SST chip, but it didn't work (I was able to boot, but flash didn't work).

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:46 AM

So did I understand this correctly now.. If I hot swap SST chip from Aladdin Advance I cannot flash that new / empty SST chip unless I do some special wirings?

If you boot the machine with the working aladdin with the falsh enabled you can pop out the SST chip and stick in your blank one and flash it no problem

#8 copter_

copter_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:56 AM

Thanks from your FAST reply!

.. one Aladdin chip coming asap .. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users