buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:39 AM

today i found out our school server or watever is down, and its gonna be down for like a week. Since the server is down that means the "St. Bernard Site Blocking System" is down also. So i can go to sites like X-S, ebay, abs, jmanx, and etc. We can get access to ne thing now without using stuff like proxify to get by sites.

#2 stinkytwinky

stinkytwinky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:46 AM

if the servers down how are you going to acess them and all you need to get around the server is a cgiproxy

#3 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:59 AM

I dunno but my teahcer said the server is down, and i can get access to any site becuz the blocking software is down too. Trust me i was on XS today, abs, and homestarrunner, and they work. I didnt get blocked like i always did.

#4 blueshogun96

blueshogun96

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

I remember when I was in High School (Ohhhhhh the bad old days sad.gif ) I crashed the school server by downloading Gigs and Gigs of DBZ movies and software and ganes and loads of other crap. I was permanently kicked off the computers. It was a good thing I was a senior.

#5 Baner

Baner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:23 PM

Just get a couple of kids to make a word doc with 10k pages of random letters, (copy all & paste, repeat) and have them all save it onto the server at the same time. It should crash. Use to do that back in the day too.

#6 jbp20717

jbp20717

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Dreamcast, Mario Kart 64, Newcastle United, Monty Python, genocide, necrophilia and more!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:04 PM

My school had Websense, which would allow me to go on X-S and eBay but wouldn't allow access to any sites with "chat" or "sex" in them - so I could buy and sell stuff but couldn't access the Essex University website.

#7 Baner

Baner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

The computer I'm on right now (work) has websense on it. It's pretty damn restrictive. I can come here, the weather channel, and various small websites.

#8 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:20 PM

Baner: Love the idea of those huge word documents, might try it today. Our school is so poor and everything is blocked, we always run out of space on our acounts etc.

We will probably get tracked down and banned if this works tongue.gif

#9 cromat44

cromat44

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (flashfreak @ Oct 28 2004, 02:23 PM)
Baner: Love the idea of those huge word documents, might try it today. Our school is so poor and everything is blocked, we always run out of space on our acounts etc.

We will probably get tracked down and banned if this works tongue.gif

it took me only a day (one english class where we typed an essay) to see about 10 different peoples logons and passwords... and the fact that the librarian leaves the password book with everyones logon and password out in the open. I just say i forgot mine and i can get a couple more...

so then you cant be tracked as easily

#10 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:08 PM

heh, CGIProxy n00bs,

#11 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:00 AM

Now everyones account is all fucked up, and the internet doesnt work, so i think its the whole school network. Damn Mac's. Never good for anything. dry.gif

#12 EmperorPsiblade

EmperorPsiblade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Helping newbies, installing modchips, evil genetic experiments......
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:24 AM

macs.... shudder... i'm glad my school at least had enough money to get Pentium 3... tongue.gif

#13 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 28 2004, 07:27 PM)
macs.... shudder... i'm glad my school at least had enough money to get Pentium 3... tongue.gif

yea r school is very slowly converting to pcs. The comp lab now has dell pc's.ut in my tech class (server and everything is located here cuz our techer is like in charge of all the tech stuff and she is a mac addict) So anyway in every classroom, and inour class there are macs. but the comp lab now has nice dell pc's which are new as of this year.

#14 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:16 PM

My college runs XP Pro on every computer (without SP2 blink.gif) trouble is they blocked access to almost everything except the net. No right click menu, no file menu, no browsing of local hard drive (though my usb external drive works fine) anyone know anyways to get around that cool.gif it's so annoying. I think it's all through group policies/domain controler

Edited by bucko, 29 October 2004 - 03:17 PM.

#15 Syrus

Syrus

Want Some Syrups?

• Admin
  • 907 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:34 PM

I can't really complain about my school.

We have a nice tech lab with 3.0GHz P4's, as well as a few iMac's and G4's.
The tech teacher is trying to con the administration into giving him money for G5's (since we do a bit of video/audio/graphics stuff on them). However, he just dropped $4,000 into our studio (green room) on lights, so I doubt it'll be happening.

But overall, we have a sweet lab. School runs a proxy, but I have no need to go to any sites it blocks (except the occasional games site). smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users