Photo

Need Clarity On Two Options In The X3 Config Menu.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andyd

andyd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:58 AM

Just got done flashing to latest bios. Thank goodness that went through without issues. Anyway, looking around in the menu and noticed two options under disk tools...

1. Current Hard Drive Setup
2. New Hard Drive Upgrade

What do these options do? I actually have to setup a new harddrive so wondering what #2 does.

#2 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

hello. did you find out how to use the #2 option. im actually having some trouble with that. is it simply turn off the xbox, plug in the new HD and run "new hard drive upgrade"? mine just wont boot to the X3 bios dammit. thanks

#3 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:20 PM

not booting to config live? maybe it's not set to be on every time u boot up, so you'll have to press white button when the X comes up.

#4 TheAnswer2003

TheAnswer2003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(sick_mate_xbox @ Jun 28 2005, 07:38 AM)
hello. did you find out how to use the #2 option. im actually having some trouble with that. is it simply turn off the xbox, plug in the new HD and run "new hard drive upgrade"? mine just wont boot to the X3 bios dammit. thanks

View Post

no....u have to backup your current HDD C and E partitions to your computer...then put in the new HDD and run new hard drive upgrade.....then transfer files from computer the new HDD

QUOTE(sick_mate_xbox @ Jun 28 2005, 07:38 AM)
Just got done flashing to latest bios. Thank goodness that went through without issues. Anyway, looking around in the menu and noticed two options under disk tools...

1. Current Hard Drive Setup

View Post

the first option just lets you do things to your current HDD...such as clear the cache, format partions and lock the HDD...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users