3 replies to this topic

#1 linflas

linflas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:59 AM

I have a 1.1 xbox with xenium ice and avalaunch as dash, I did not change the HDD, but have an external 160gb drive I would like to setup for use. I know the transfer rate is extremely slow, but I only plan on using it for media center and game storage, not be using as primary run source. I have looked in the tutorials but have only found out about setting up for a drive swap. I was wondering if anyone could assist me. What format structure do I need to do with the drive (currently NTFS), any help from the very beginning to the end of the process. I am pretty good with comps and hardware, but not what I would call technically proficent, but I do follow instructions well. Thanks everyone

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:13 AM

reading USB harddrives on the xbox is only possible through linux. it cannot be used in XBMC or any other app.

#3 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:20 AM

actually they do support it to some little degree, search on it there is a lot of work with it... but the moral of the story is it sucks.

http://www.xboxmedia...t=ST;f=4;t=527;

Supported input media formats and devices:
- Read files directly from a CD, VCD or DVD media in the Xbox's DVD-ROM drive**
(Support CD/DVD formats: ISO 9660 - Mode1/2/XA, UDF 1.02 and XDVDFS/CDX)
(DVD-ROM playback is on-the-fly only** (no option yet to auto-cache to HDD first)
- Play files directly from Xbox built-in hard drive (copy first from DVD** or network)****
- Xbox Memory Cards (note that only FAT-X formated memory cards is supported)****
- Stream media files from a computer over a local network via XNS*, XBMSP or SMB,
(including all NAS, Network Attached Storage devices that support SAMBA/SMB).
- XBMC XBMSP-client code updated to support "Auto-Discovery of XBMSP servers"
- Stream supported media files from the internet (if stream format is supported too)*
- iTunes Music Shares via DAAP (network stream from Apple iTunes on Mac or PC)*****
- USB Mass Storage Devices (USB-HDD's/memory) with FAT-X filesystem*
* = Experimental, unfinished, unstable, buggy and/or limited

Edited by SpudGunMan, 28 October 2004 - 08:22 AM.

#4 linflas

linflas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:28 AM

Thank you for your posts, guess i will just put the drive in the box, and use my non-modded box for live for here on out, while I am in there I may change the dvd drive, have to look in the tutorials for that one too. Thanks all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users