• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:No console. Mod pretty much to get me thru my bachelors in college.Writing,Reading,Bars,Sleep.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:49 AM

rolleyes.gif ...Now this is just getting to annoying. I put the stock HDD on and everything is fine boots with 2 seperate bioses (not at once of course) and goes stright to the default dashboard, but when i put my new HDD that worked fine before it plays flubber and gose to the error 21 needs service.
:
anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag.... rotfl.gif

what the hell is that suppose to mean...? I hate Microcrap!!!

#2 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:16 AM

i am kinda lost but i think that you jsut have not installed the dash on the hard disk and your not booting any dash so you are running into a xbox with out a OS?

get a slayer CD and put and format your new drive with the dash. or put another dash on there like avalaunch etc...

think that is where your headed not sure?

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:54 AM

Oh, you needn't format your C drive, that would wipe any skin & bios folders, as well as any dashed you may have installed there... blink.gif

BUT, yeah, Slayers is the answer: Go Menu item 4) 4) APPS / UPGRADES / LOCK / FORMAT --> 4a) 4A) INST/UPG XBMC(P), M$DASH, APPS & EVOX +3935 --> 4a10) Inst/Restore M$ Dash (5960) 185ead00 on (C:), and you're golden.

No need to wipe the whole C drive if you don't have to... wink.gif

#4 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:31 AM

Whats with the sudden increase of Erro 21? This is about the 2nd or 3rd post within a few hrs that has been about error 21.

#5 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:No console. Mod pretty much to get me thru my bachelors in college.Writing,Reading,Bars,Sleep.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:28 PM

Sweet... You guy's are tha man! I'm a very picky person when it comes to my pc, as in i have to know what/where/why and all that when it comes to files and stuff but it that i can't really do that with an xbox cause their is no tree digram or tuts on the files and what not before anything such as dashes and bioses are added. anyone know anything about how i can obtain this type of info?

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:03 AM

Besides the partition standards, thereís no one set way to setup an XBOX. There are commonalities, but thatís about it. One person might have a F: drive with folders names Games, Apps, Emus, Videos, etc., while someone else may have them named Applications, Emulators, My Movies, and so forth.

And those with out an upgraded drive to the same things, but they have to do in on the free space available on the E: drive

Thatís what makes this whole hobby so cool, the customization. On a personal note, thatís why I use XBMC as my main dash, because with the right know-how and the right tools, you can trick it out to be an excellent backbone for all your games, apps, and media (music, vids, etc). But many (oh so many) people will argue that itís cooler/easier/better to just be able to make skins simply, for use with dashes like Avaluanch, UX, etc. But like they say, ďOpinions are like assholes...Ē (you know how that one goes).

So, to answer your question, if you want to learn where and what everything on you box HD is, FTP and start looking around.

Just be sure and backup firstÖ tongue.gif

Edited by Xombe, 29 October 2004 - 03:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users