Xebian Is Loaded.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 antinouskalisto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

I got Xebian loaded using the MechInstaller 1.0 from xbox-linux.org and all went well, the OS boots, and the M$ dash still boots & functions perfectly.

My question is:
After having done the MechAssault exploit from xbox-linux.org, is it still possible to do another exploit/change something whilst booted in linux so that I can play game backups?? dry.gif If so, which? Please link me, I've been reading the forums and tutorials for hours now and none of them mention how to perform a softmod with the mechassult installer already applied & linux installed .

I am using an un-chipped XBOX ver 1.0 (I pre-ordered it.)
K 1.00.4034.01
D 1.00.4920.01

#2 SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:17 PM

you cant have linux and eat yoru cake 2

well you can but not the way you baked it.

if you read for hours i assume you saw this page?

basically you need to hack it for the xbox dash not linux.

hope this sends you in the correct direction. may the force be with you.

#3 antinouskalisto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:47 PM

laugh.gif "well you can but not the way you baked it."

I appreciate your reply. Yes, I read every guide in that section of the tutorials. I was a bit sleepy while writing the first post.

I guess my main concern really would be, will the new dashboard boot the previous Linux install untouched? I don't really care what dashboard or what (soft)method, just any that will pick up the fact that Linux is already there and won't be installed, yet is still selectable/bootable.

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users