• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 photon6786

photon6786

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:36 PM

Ok well guys... I just purchased a dvd writer. Anyways I want to make copies of my xbox games first of all, but I understand you have to put the cd in your xbox and ftp the game to your hard drive. First of all my xbox is not modded. Any suggestions on wihch chip to get? 2nd of all, (i am very good with computers) but i read somewhere about updating the bios. I read up on iND-BiOS 5002. Is it necessary to update the bios? What all do I need to get to make everything successful? I am pretty noobie when it comes to xbox hacking, so can anyone please help me out? Thanks!

#2 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:44 PM

Check my sig for the best guide for begginers

#3 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:45 PM

okay here we go........a guide to a noob.....by a noob!

well the first thing i want to get past is the bios, you said you know about pcs, then by now you know that a bios is very inportand part of your pc, now the xbox bios is the "thing" that tells the xbox what games will be played and what games will not be played, the CHIP lets you run your xbox on another bios that will let your xbox play all your backups, so now you can backup your games and play them. when you have a chip in your xbox there is also a possibilty to use a bigger hdd that will let you store your games on the xbox meaning once you "save" a game to your hard drive you dont need the disk to play it. there are many more options stick around this site and you will learn more about them.

now copying games you can read about in the tutorial section, the only thing i want to say is; you need to be able to network your pc and your xbox so that you can ftp the games becuase your PC DOES NOT READ BOX GAMES!.

i hope this helps.

#4 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:47 PM

lol CamdogXIII you took all the fun out of it! laugh.gif

#5 a_madman

a_madman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:55 PM

I would also suggest checking out Qwix

#6 photon6786

photon6786

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:07 PM

ok, so how exactly do I update the bios on the xbox.... I know how to do it on pcs easily by flashing it...... but xbox's is a whole new world to me... should I update the bios before i get the modchip? or do i have to have the modchip to update the bios? Is iND-BiOS 5002 a good bios to use? and if so, do you know where exactly i can download it? And how would I update the bios exactly? I read a couple of tutorials, but didnt really understand exactly... can anyone walk me through step by step PLEASE? biggrin.gif Thanks!!!!!!

#7 a_madman

a_madman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:11 PM

It's the same concept as a pc. One method is to reflash the onboard bios. That's called a TSOP flash. You can not do this on a v1.6 (new this year) xbox, because they no longer have the bios stored on a flashable chip.

Another method is to get a modchip, which bypasses the onboard bios with whatever bios you flash the modchip with.

The third method is softmodding, which stores the bios on the harddrive and uses security loopholes in the original ms bios to load a different bios.

Research xbins to aquire this stuff. Ind bios is a good one.

#8 photon6786

photon6786

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:22 PM

So just to confirm, If i get a modchip.... the bios on the motherboard doesnt matter. Does the bios on the chip take over instead of the one on the motherboard? I got an xbox when it first came out, that xmas, so i think im good.

#9 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:24 PM

The bios on the mb is your original bios, you can then flash another hacked bios to your chip or tsop if your doing that.

#10 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:28 PM

yes, the whole point of a modchip is that you can disable "tuen off" the hacked bios so that you can use your xbox normaly........so that you can play on xbox live, if you try and play on xbox live with a modchip on you will get banned becuase it does not let you play live with a hacked bios.

so get a chip......solder the mother fucker in.........tuen the chip on.........flash the bios and use it! simple!

#11 photon6786

photon6786

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:41 PM

haha.....well does anyone have any particular favorite for a mod chip? i could use everyones opinions smile.gif thanks once again

#12 Dinh

Dinh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:59 PM

I think the Xecuter3 is the best, easy to install, and flash.
If you are using the x3, you can flash through webserver and such..

#13 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

i think the xecuter 2.3 are the user friendlest, i didnt like the x3 swich with the led bull shit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users