Photo

Anyone Modded An Oem Sd-616t? A Bit Different...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SantMat

SantMat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

As I can purchase via OEM channels, I recently bought a couple drives that were supposed to be sd-616t models. When I got them they were sd-616t, hs-352a/wbeh models. The dealer said that these were the sd-616t models or the OEM versions of them which is why I bought them. I am going to attempt a mod on one using what knowledge I can gain from the tutorials on the old sd-616t models.

If anyone has any insights into this model or might know why modding this model wont work, even with the sdg-605 firmware, please let me know. I will assume that reversing the motor and making the correct connections and having been flashed with the sdg-605 firmware that this SHOULD work just fine.

Enlighten me please...

SantMat

#2 terminator6874

terminator6874

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:33 PM

Hey santmat,I am going to track this topic so post your results when you are done modding it.
I have the same drive but I can't afford the cost of screwing up the one I have.
In other words if it don't work this one is going back.
Keep us posted, Thanks

Can anyone else help us?

#3 SantMat

SantMat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:42 PM

I will be modding this starting soon, I have pin headers coming soon in the mail also.

When I am done, and if this thing goes alright I'll for sure make a pdf tutorial for everyone.

#4 terminator6874

terminator6874

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:47 PM

Thanks , I'll be watching

#5 Cog

Cog

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

As long as the model starts in a SD616T your fine

There are a few different SD616T revisions from what I can tell.

(I just did the SD616T mod last weekend) cant beat 40.00 total cost doing it yourself.

#6 SantMat

SantMat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 04:33 AM

I found out that the new drives are all based on the MT1358E chipset and that the older 616t and sdg-605b are based on an older chipset. Therefore, the old firmware won't and didn't work on this new drive I got here.

The solution to this problem is to get the firmware from a new xbox samsung sdg-605f. This is what we need folks, then we can mod a whole array of new drives just like many are now doing with the rare 616t's.

Can someone get ahold of the firmware for the sdg-605f the new xbox samsung drives and put it in the USUAL PLACE??

This is our only chance.

SantMat

#7 freeb0rn

freeb0rn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (SantMat @ Oct 29 2004, 05:36 AM)
I found out that the new drives are all based on the MT1358E chipset and that the older 616t and sdg-605b are based on an older chipset. Therefore, the old firmware won't and didn't work on this new drive I got here.

The solution to this problem is to get the firmware from a new xbox samsung sdg-605f. This is what we need folks, then we can mod a whole array of new drives just like many are now doing with the rare 616t's.

Can someone get ahold of the firmware for the sdg-605f the new xbox samsung drives and put it in the USUAL PLACE??

This is our only chance.

SantMat

Where did you find the M1 line on your new drive?

Free

#8 SantMat

SantMat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:49 AM

I need the firmware for the new samsung drives first and foremost.

#9 freeb0rn

freeb0rn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:07 PM

Fair enough. I made this offer in your other thread as well.

If anyone wishes to trade a new Samsung SD-605f drive for a fully modified SD-616T drive with beige tray please contact me. I will get the firmware off of the new drive then. I'd prefer to trade with someone in or around Longmont, CO to save worry over shipping and such. Then all I need to know is how to post the firmware to the usual place.

Free

Edited by freeb0rn, 30 October 2004 - 08:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users