#1 Andrewolu

Andrewolu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:08 AM

I have scoured various different sites for tutorials for networking and read various different ones. None seem to provide an answer to my problem. all the tutorials seem to be saying roughly the same thing.

I have made the xIso of Evox and burnt it to a DVD-R. It boots fine in my xbox but when I try to FTP connect with my xbox it never works. I've tried using flashFXP, QWix 1.01 and even using the ping command at a command prompt in Windows XP and it keeps failing saying request/connection timed out. It is definately a crossover cable that I have and it works fine.

I am not using a Router and that's not an option for me right now. I have Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 and have disabled it each time prior to attempting connection

I'm sure i must be doing something wrong, has anybody got any ideas why this is?

Thanks

Edited by Andrewolu, 29 October 2004 - 05:09 AM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:53 AM

Well, forgive the stupid question, but you naturally have the IP (and network settings) set correctly in the evox.ini of your boot disk, etc?

Does the Evox dash show an IP of 0.0.0.0?

If so, you arenít making a physical connection, meaning that your PC or XBOX NIC is bad, or your cable is bad, etc.

Sorry, but gotta ask these things just to get them out of the way for further diagnosis. wink.gif

#3 Conzy

Conzy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:24 AM

Also are you making sure you have the cable between the xbox and the pc conected before you switch the xbox on, pc on first, connect the cable then switch on the xbox to make sure it picks the ip address up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users