3 replies to this topic

#1 tmillz

tmillz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:20 AM

Is it possible to buy one already modded and can work on my Xbox? Here is the information on this thing that I am hoping to pick up:

SAMSUNG 616T 16X DVD DRIVE

(Fully Adapted for Xbox)

This Samsung SD-616T drive is the best and fastest drive for the Xbox. This drive has the ability to read CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW media. All the work has already been done on this drive by a highly skilled professional to make it compatible with your Xbox...all you have to do is plug-in the included cable and you are all set. Remember in this modification you don't need the power y splitter; just connect it up as you would with your original Xbox drive.

I just want to know if this info is true, since you guys are pros here on this stuff.

#2 SantMat

SantMat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:08 AM

Yes, it is totally possible.

They just went the extra mile and installed the 12pin header for the xbox default yellow connector for you so you don't need to have a y-cable to feed off the power cord for the xbox's harddrive.

It is totally plug and play. I personally haven't used one, but this is the info I have gathered and know to be true.

#3 lukejc1

lukejc1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:11 AM

I have one that was pre-modded and it works great. It is more expensive though so if you can solder you could save a bit of money and mod it yourself.

#4 tmillz

tmillz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:12 AM

Thanks alot, this helps me out. I don't want to buy something that wont work, IF I get it, anyways, I appreciate you helpin me out. Again, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users