• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Big EZ

Big EZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 07:23 PM

Was hoping maybe you guys would be able to clear one last thing up before I order the chip and get another hd for my xbox. I have good resources on setting up the hd and getting the chip soldered in, but I'm not sure if I have to buy any other computer hardware so I can start transferring games to the xbox. Is a router required no matter what? I have dsl so I have a an ethernet and an external modem. My mobo also has a built in lan so I was wondering if thats enough. Can a connection be ran from my computer to the xbox just using the built in lan?

Or if that can't be done could I just put the new hd, after its been partitioned, into my computer and keep all the transferring inside my computer?

#2 b16mcc

b16mcc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods - PS2 - Movies - The Web In General
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 August 2002 - 09:17 PM

YES !

I take it you are using a PCI type nic card for your dsl internet connection, so this leaves you with a free RJ45 socket built into your motherboard.

Its easy, simply connnect directly from your motherboard to your xbox using a CAT5 CROSSOVER lead. Be aware a standard patch lead will not work, you must use a crossover lead for a peer to peer type connection to work.

Now, software.. I suggest that you set the IP number of your motherboard nic to 192.168.0.1 and set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and set the default gateway to the IP number of your other nic card that is connected to your dsl, I think this IP will be set via a DHCP server from your ISP.

Now, using EvoX dash, set a static IP of 192.168.0.2 in your xbox and set a default gateway to 192.168.0.1

This way, you can setup FlashFxP to always connect to the same IP in your xbox and your online gaming with GameSpy Tunnel will work flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

#3 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2002 - 11:57 PM

right,

a note about crossover lead/cable..... just take a damn standard cheap cable and cross 3 wires i foget which ones.... took my exactly 10min

actually maybe its four....

orange--green
whitegreen-whiteorange

search google for DIY Corssover Cable or How To Make Corssover Cable etc

e a s y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users