• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zirap

zirap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:42 PM

I have just finished installing a tsop-switch on my V1.0, but when I try to flash with an X2_4973_512k.bin -file (using evox 3935) I keep getting a "manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00 !!flash not writeable !!" message.

I soldered R7R4 with the point over C7R3 (following SLuSHIE's flashing tutorial). And the bridge on top of the mainboard seems to be where it should.

Im desperate sad.gif

#2 zirap

zirap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:40 AM

Now half of my bios is fraging. Tried to flash with x2 4981, the flash froze. Trying to reverse, but keep getting an error msg.

Are there other flashing .xbe's out there?

#3 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:50 AM

Slushie's guide is a great guide for wiring up the switch but he uses a wire for the write jumper where you don't even have to. Remove the wire from R7R4/C7R3 and use the jumpers in this guide. It's the same thing only less room for error cause you don't need a wire, you can jump them with a small blob of solder. Another thing, if your TSOP is a winbond, you cannot flash it with Evox, look into Raincoat. About your latest issue, if you can boot to half of the bios, boot to that half, flip the switch once it's up and running, then flash. This will flash the other side of the bios assuming all your connections wired correctly. Good luck.

#4 zirap

zirap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

Thanks, Ill try to solder the easy points instead. And a quick question, you can flash your tsop no matter what happened to it or how many bad flashes it has been through (as long as it is physically ok)?

#5 zirap

zirap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:03 PM

It didnt work, but at least im sure the bridge on the bottom of the PCB is working.

Could the problem be in the evox.ini? Do you have to add any lines?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users