13 replies to this topic

#1 tiltedscope

tiltedscope

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

I was trying to flash an aladdin and had no luck with the provided program from the aladdin team.
I read somewhere that a program called ixia works on aladdin advance.
Has anyone flashed an advance with this program??
huh.gif

#2 ptlite

ptlite

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:58 AM

yep. Works great and abot 100 times faster. Has to be an Aladdin Live but, won't work on an XT.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:37 AM

The programmer is not meant for the XT

#4 tiltedscope

tiltedscope

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:56 AM

not to be a jerk but what the hell programmer is made for the XT????

What I mean to ask is why does my aladdin XT have a slot for a programmer if the only one provided by the aladdin team does not work?

Or maybe I should ask why did 2 of the websites I looked at that sold this programmer state it was compatible with the XT?
It is just soo confusing to purchase this thing with a slot for programming and it cannot be programmed?
I really dont get this at all. Someone out there has to know how to use the program slot provided. If not then I will bad mouth aladdins forever not matter how good they can/may be. This is just a ridiculous situation that is getting worse. Now I have to either spend the cash and pay somone to flash my 20 dollar chip that has become a 50 dollar chip and will become a ?? dollar chip after programming. I'm about to give in and buy an executer or something.
Soomeone please tell me what to do.

#5 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:23 AM

There are two versions of Aladdin XT, the 4032 and 4064. You can tell which one you have as it is written on the Lattice chip (hence the reason they are called 32 or 64).

The problem with the 4064 XT's is that they have write protect which is awkward to disable using the programmer. There is no reason the 4032 shouldnt work with the programmer (so long as you connect BT to pin 25 on the programmer) - although saying that I still cant get the programmer to work on a 'super live' which it is made for, or an XT 4032.

#6 XboxDude87

XboxDude87

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:35 AM

Yes but you should understand that there are sites selling 4064 with programmer, and its impossible to program 4064's

#7 tiltedscope

tiltedscope

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:05 PM

thank you!
I thought I was in the twilight zone for a sec.
I will see if I have a 32 or 64. If I have a 32 then I will keep trying.
Otherwise I am just gonna eat it and buy an Xecuter or something, and be done with this nonsense.
My time is worth more than this piece of garbage hardware.
smile.gif

#8 tiltedscope

tiltedscope

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:27 AM

Awkward bypassing the write protect mode?
Does that mean it can be done.
I'm just giving one last desperate attempt on my soon to be 2 days off.
I fugure I need to wait for a replacement chip, might as well get some info on disabling the write protect?
Or maybe spare my temper and just order the new XBIT 1.6

#9 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

The aladdin programmers are for the live (super live etc) chips, not for the XT 4064.

One problem with using this (XT 4064) chip is that you need to connect the BT point to ground for longer than 1 sec to "turn the chip on", but this connection must also be less than 3 seconds otherwise the write protect is enabled. Doing this in the xbox is not too hard (since you just hold the power button in for 1 sec), but on the programmer its a bit more difficult to plug it in and get BT grounded for the correct length of time.

Original thread here

#10 tiltedscope

tiltedscope

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:00 PM

"Doing this in the xbox is not too hard (since you just hold the power button in for 1 sec), but on the programmer its a bit more difficult to plug it in and get BT grounded for the correct length of time."

So since my chip came with an M8 1.0-1.5 bios, does that explain why I cannot enter into flash mode? I am going to assume the bios needs to at least load to get into the flash mode. I hear thats why the cromwells are more cooperative with 1.6 XBOX's for rom-flashing.

#11 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:41 PM

your bios image wouldn't affect how the chip works on the programmer... if you were trying to flash the chip from inside the console then you would want a bios on the chip that was compatible with your xbox obviously...

#12 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:23 AM

Some aladdins are 020 based and the XT is 020 OR 020-A based. The original 020 aladdin boards sent the lad signals from the LPC bus to both the CPLD and SST. In order to make the 020-A work you have to send the lad signal from the LPC bus, into the cpld, and the cpld sends the SST the same or a modified signal.

I bought an Aladdin XT to see how it works and I'm baffled as to what they are thinking. The way I think the programmer port is set up is it's tied to the LPC side of the CPLD instead of the flashrom side. Also the SST is capable of being programmed vbia 13v without the lad lines and it looks like they are emulating the LPC like the cheaplpc programmer. I don't understand this at all. If you get this to flash with this programmer port your a fucking genius.

On the brioght side our friend in the scene Green Giant was nice enough to re-compile his xflash for SST49LF020 it include the 020-A. He has sent this to me for testing at it does work. My testing involves my code for the 020-a and I tested the aladdin XT 64 for flashing and it's stable. I was not able to get hot swapping working (yet) with my code and I haven't tried hot swapping the XT.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the port for the programmer is never gonna work on the XT. It seems to be set up for the old board or something. But at least we have xflash and evox to flash in. I think old Aladdins will hotswap and flash from xflash and that's as cheap as a programmer keeping one handy.

#13 tiltedscope

tiltedscope

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:12 AM

the real genius would be an indidvidual who knows how to wire my xbox so I can get the 1.0-5 bios to let me enter the romflash mode

I was going to make the cheap programmer but it just seems like team xeno could give a shit about this problem, they wont even admit it on their lame website. You seem to know more about this than the people that made this thing.
Maybe I will make a chip and not support it when I get inconveinienced... )

Time for an XBIT! and when I get it to work I will mail my chip/programmer back to team XENO.

#14 raptor17

raptor17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

ok i put a toggle switch on the bt to programmer ground...does anyone know what to do after this???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users